Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

scanner
loptru wrote
Finally ; I had a dynamic test on the 2002 Subaru WRX this morning and failed the POS for missing TWC
Did it pass for MIL and monitors?

and BAR snap test.
What was written on the VIR that says it failed the snap test specifically?   Did it list parameters?

Re: Dynamic OBD test

loptru
Yes , it passed the OBDII functional test.
for snap test , VIR only lists as   FAIL   Smoke Check.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

scanner
loptru wrote
Yes , it passed the OBDII functional test.
for snap test , VIR only lists as   FAIL   Smoke Check.
Sorry, I was confused, I was thinking there was a snap test on the dynamic OBDII portion of the test.

Good job

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Best Answer I Can Give
 2 Chevy PU 2001.
The second one it acted like it stumbled as it was trying to get to the RPM range.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Best Answer I Can Give
 That's 3 today. All GM Pick ups. All 3 had different engines. So ?????????????? A 00 and a two 01s

Re: Dynamic OBD test

KeepItReal
I just did a 2000 chevy pu,
This is what the screen looks like

Re: Dynamic OBD test

locopoco
I did the dynamic test on the same car almost the same time this afternoon(2000 Silverado),weird ha!!

Re: Dynamic OBD test

corsakev
i just did one was a 2002 silverado

Re: Dynamic OBD test

bizarsmog
DAD required Dynamic test 2000 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado ,this our 1st dynamic test.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Best Answer I Can Give
 04 Ford F-150 5.4. just did.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

none
I have not had one on a Silverado yet though I have smogged plenty but I just had one on an 04 F150 also.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

cosmokramertheassman
Had my first dynamic OIS on Friday. 03 Silverado. I'm guessing my next one will be an F150.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

kfworry
I had a 2002 Silverado this week prompt for the Dynamic OBD test.
I wonder if the BAR Engineers are thinking this OIS DAD nonsense
is Not "more effective testing" after all.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

none
From what I got from a few guys who went to the World Wide machine demos is that this was the original plan of how BAR-OIS was going to work and then the dynamic portion was dropped for a while. Presumably until it was fine tuned.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Best Answer I Can Give
 I'm guessing, and PURELY GUESSING, it will be a part of the test.

 They will monitor the rear O2. Step on the throttle and it should move for a quick second. Just a ????

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Has anybody had one of the new "dynamic" tests yet, and if so, on what type of car?
I finally got a 2002 Silverado with a 4.8L V8 in today.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

I just got my first one, a 2004 Silverado C1500 ...

Re: Dynamic OBD test

StarTech
2002 Chevy 1500 Silverado as well lol
12345