Dynamic test

FiendFX
Been getting prompt to perform the rpm test lately. Anyone is getting this also?

Re: Dynamic test

Kevin
yes we have been getting that too

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 2:20 PM FiendFX [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Been getting prompt to perform the rpm test lately. Anyone is getting this also?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Dynamic-test-tp5083050.html

Kevin Casillas

Re: Dynamic test

TheSmogDog
Only had one today.. older toyota. I get them maybe once every 2 days or so.

Re: Dynamic test

I've been getting many lately. Does anyone know if they are random or are they for certain cars only?

Re: Dynamic test

I sure like the new display way better. Being colorblind this one is way easier to see if I'm in the range.

Re: Dynamic test

2002
The other day I was smogging a car and it had asked for dynamic test but I did not see that. So automatically when I saw the obd2 collection was complete I disconnected the DAD from the car only to come up and see it had asked for a RPM test.
My DAD does not reconnect if disconnected. I have to reboot the OIS program. So I did that and resumed the inspection. I had to do the OBD2 portion again but I was ready for the RPM test this time, only to see it didn't ask for it. I was like wtf .... I guess the 2nd time it didn't see any abnomalities

Re: Dynamic test

No One
2002 wrote
 I guess the 2nd time it didn't see any abnomalities
Or its random

Re: Dynamic test

2002
Ya could be random.. I thought it was certain cars but after this happened not so sure anymore

Re: Dynamic test

STAR is Racist
I just learned that when it asks for dynamic test just turn the car off, don't even waste your time with it. I accidentally turned the car off after forgetting OIS prompted for the dynamic, I thought oh crap I'm gonna have to start over, OIS screen says "please wait" and then it just moves on to the pass/fail criteria and at the end issues a certificate.

Re: Dynamic test

No One
STAR is Racist wrote
I just learned that when it asks for dynamic test just turn the car off, don't even waste your time with it. I accidentally turned the car off after forgetting OIS prompted for the dynamic, I thought oh crap I'm gonna have to start over, OIS screen says "please wait" and then it just moves on to the pass/fail criteria and at the end issues a certificate.
You saying BAR does not look at the data from this test?