EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

A BOY HAS NO NAME
EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE
I have seen this situation in a few cars already
here at the shop we can't agree on what we are suppose to enter into the ois
is it N/A for egr or Pass/fail
keep in mind that the egr is not listed on the emissions label
I understand it has an egr system with out the valve, but there is no way to visualy check the system

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

Johnnybeme
Actually Boy you are seeing VVT-EGR Monitoring. They are working on clarifying this but your VISUAL inspection is determined by the VEC so it should not be a real concern. Just cause it has a EGR monitor does not mean it has EGR, on some vehicles. When information is not clear I have used the presence of the EGR monitor to verify my correct visual observation of it's presence.

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

A BOY HAS NO NAME wrote
EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE
I have seen this situation in a few cars already
here at the shop we can't agree on what we are suppose to enter into the ois
is it N/A for egr or Pass/fail
If it has an EGR monitor, and there is no EGR, it's monitoring VVT.   Look at your service information.   If it's got VVT, that's what the readiness indicator is monitoring.

If it doesn't have EGR, it's N/A.

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

Best Answer I Can Give
 Thanks that's what I put down. No valve N\A.
 Now two question made me think. 1 why is it that way? Why do they call VVT a EGR monitor? 2 How many of you pre scan? Or do you only scan when the label does not look right?

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

same here the envoys list egr on the underhood lable but dont have a egr, its on the 2011-12 envoys one or the other but only one year. its used for vvt like others have said.
if it has egr monitor its most likely vvt. i think ive posted the label before, i actually remove the label when i see them to look out for the next tech.

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

Best Answer I Can Give
 You remove the EPA label?

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

Kriss Vector

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

You remove the EPA label?
whats a EPA Label i dont care about the epa. i remove VECI lables Vehicle Emission Control Information labels when they are incorrect and told by a bar rep its wrong yes i remove labels.
Also when a vehicle has a different hood from another vehicle not matching i also remove VECI labels.

wtf is an EPA label.

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

Best Answer I Can Give
The Label from GOD.

 So your are telling us Fuck the EPA. That's good. The label that GOD has approved for that vehicle. That you know more than the EPA?

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

Kriss Vector wrote
What's up with some Chrysler vehicles and their label not stating it has an egr equipped, but it has an egr equipped!
I always run into this problem and you really have to keep an eye out if your the hunt and peck type who only use labels. the damn 2.7 v6 has the egr practically hidden behind the intake manifold. i also noticed chrysler dont always specify egr is equipped on labels ! thought i was going crazy

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

The Label from GOD.
yea didnt expect an actual answer from you, usually start a new topic or only reply to other topics after you been corrected or run out of something smart (stupid) things to say

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

A BOY HAS NO NAME
THANKS FOR THE INFO
WILL TRY TO POST THIS QUESTION ON CALARC FORUM
SEE IF GET AN OFFICIAL ANSWER FROM BAR / ROCKY

I WAS TOLD BY A SEASONED TECH HE INPUTS
PASS FOR EGR HE STATES  OIS IS ASKING
FOR A VISUAL OF EGR SYSTEM NOT NECESSARILY
AN EGR VALVE,

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

none
I'm not a "SEASONED TECH" but I can help you out with one problem.
Your CAPS LOCK is stuck on.

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

A BOY HAS NO NAME

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

A BOY HAS NO NAME

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

Nfa2o
The way vvt is used for egr is valve overlap,exhaust valve is held open slightly during the piston intake stroke to draw exhaust gases to cool the cylinder,NO egr valve visual.

Re: EGR MONITOR WITH NO EGR VALVE

Just the Facts