EGR funtion during ASM Testing

Pickles
Can somebody can confirm that EGR only kick in only in ASM 1550 testing. EGR does not work during ASM 2525 testing.. If a vehicle fail on NOX on both 15mph and 25mph than its not egr???????
Thanks

Re: EGR funtion during ASM Testing

none
well, That depends on the vehicle. I can think of one (93 F350 7.4L) that the EGR doesn't even run at 15mph. BUT this is all easily tested by a dyno run with test equipment hooked up.

Re: EGR funtion during ASM Testing

Pickles
Mr None, so you mean to say that on some vehicles can fail for NOX cause their not enough load for EGR to kick in on 1550.

Re: EGR funtion during ASM Testing

Just the Facts

Re: EGR funtion during ASM Testing

Pickles wrote
Can somebody can confirm that EGR only kick in only in ASM 1550 testing. EGR does not work during ASM 2525 testing.. If a vehicle fail on NOX on both 15mph and 25mph than its not egr???????
Thanks
Are you asking if this is true for all platforms?   If so, no.

If you are asking about a specific vehicle, I doubt anyone can tell you that information either, unless that tech works on a specific manufacturer and has documented the data.

If you have a failure, perhaps you can tell us what year, make, model and engine size.   Post all of the gases measured.   I'm not saying that I can diagnose what is wrong with your vehicle, but perhaps I or someone here can direct you towards a solution.   What data have you collected?    What testing have you done?