ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

MackTruckin
This post is meant to reduce headaches for all you ESP owners out there.

You know how we received that BAR Blast for the Version 1301 update?  Well, my suggestion is that you do NOT sit on your a$$ about getting scheduled for the update.  Here is why...

REMINDER: You have only til September 19, 2013 to get it.

I called ESP today about when I will receive the update. ESP said that the BAR will be pushing out the update in blocks. To confirm, I called the BAR Industry Help Desk to request more information about the software update push.  "Jeff" mentions to me that ESP is responsible for the update, and to re-read my BAR Blast for that information. I informed him that we read it, and that I called ESP, and they said the BAR will be doing a software update push. "Jeff" had no knowledge of a software update push and was adamant about recontacting ESP. I re-contacted ESP and explained that to the representative that the BAR Help Desk has no knowledge of this push, and was adamant about me receiving the update from ESP. The ESP representative responded with something to the effect that they "DO NOT LIKE" to send reps out just for updates. When I heard this "DO NOT LIKE" phrase, I reminded them that this update is to be installed at NO CHARGE to smog stations, and that I don't give a F**K if ESP "DOES NOT LIKE" to send technicians out just for updates. Only then did the representative try to diffuse my anger with making an appointment for the machine to be updated.

Bottom Line: Tell your bosses or whoever is in charge to call ESP and request an appointment for this update. The BAR Help Desk does not know a thing about the software being pushed.  The servicing is FREE according to the BAR blast, so throw that at ESP if they try to tell you to wait for BAR to send it, and that you want an appointment. DO NOT be the shop that doesn't get this update because you didn't leave your machine on (that's if the BAR does push an update) or be the last one to get an appointment because on September 19th, if you don't have this update, your ESP machine will be locked out and we will laugh at you for not listening.

Best of luck with making the deadline! It's already September 12th!

P.S. Has anyone actually received this update via the phone line yet?

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

Citation Addict
Already have it, and its shit. Analyzers failing gas calibration. Already had ESP out here 3 times. Its crap.

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

Karupt
Bplacke wrote
Already have it, and its shit. Analyzers failing gas calibration. Already had ESP out here 3 times. Its crap.
      ay I ask How you got it? Did you scheduLe a ESP service appointment ? We have been waiting and doing nothing because this is what we always do with updates ! I guess this one is different?

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

Citation Addict
I got it at the last service call I made. Its ok now but, watch it after it loads. Its suppose to be done through the phone line.

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

i have it installed via phone line. no problems so far.

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

So you had a serv.call for a unrelated problem and they went ahead and did it since they were there already?
   Are you up and running now? Do you notice the change (s) if any to your system besides all the calibrating and error issues anything positive come from this update??
    glad your up and running!

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

Citation Addict
I dont notice any changes, it still calibrates the same. ESP told me its suppose to do something with the NOX readings in the analyzer itself to prevent unwanted calibration failures, so they say. Ive had a couple of glitches due to the update but, other than that it is fine.

I am down right now due to a Dyno Failure now. Dont know if it is realated. Last time this happened it was over $1500 for a MADE IN CHINA circuit board.

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

The 1301 update has NOTHING to do with calibration failures.
The BAR reduced the "calibration error margin" from 4% to 2%
a while ago which IS NOT part of the 1301 update.
My supplier, AIR GAS, had to "re-blend" their calibration bottles to conform
to the new "calibration error margin".
The ESP tech has had to do A LOT of manual 1301 updates, versus through the phone-line
when the analyzer is not in use. That IS NOT the fault of the BAR.
Yes, I am not very fond of the BAR, however it is not always their
fault when we have issues with our machines.
I am on very good terms with the ESP techs. I have NEVER blamed them for
break downs. Do not bite the hand that feeds you.
When an ESP tech gets faulted for a breakdown do not expect him to give you
good service.

     Sorry to hear you are having ESP nightmares still. WHEN I had that same problem, it was around 1200& s
They replaced dyne board and a block of metal called a load cell located in the motor part under the cover. Good luck! Not looking forward to this mess but its either lockout or Mess.

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

am i the only one with SPX here?

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

Karupt
ESP techs are our friends . We understand they work for a lame company. We just don't want to be locked out when the date comes around . More talking about main ESP in Connecticut.. just goes to show how we gotta scrap for everything in this business to feed our fams. Nobody else gonna fight for your small business better than you!

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

dlll
Just got it today they just showed up out of the blue. He installed it and guess what it failed for NOX and they just put a bench/ NOX cell in about a1.5 months back. Up to this day it never failed and always calibrated with a 72 hour time. I will see what happens Monday and keep track of the failed calibrations. I was also told by my Esp rep that this update was done because the Bar has total control over the software and that ESP only gives the BAR the computer and internal info and the BAR now rights their own code for the machines and they have total control over it.

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

ltq88120
already has the update. don't see any difference yet. ESP calibration ok.

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

007
We have the update, not sure when it was installed,  but are dyno has failed the last two calibration and service has been out twice in the last week. Many parts replaced and his conclusion is the lamiest one I have heard in a long time. I have had the same machine for 12 years, we never shut the machine off, it is left on 24/7 365 for the last 12 years and now he say's are problem is we need to shut the dyno box off every night to prevent this from happening. LOL. Just fix the dam machine, the esp guy are are friends but if they don't fix the machine who needs friends like that.

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

kfworry
The BAR has sent many BAR Blast messages to us stating to "turn off the power"
to the Dynamometer every day.

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

timer
I was told by the tech that cleared my lock out yesterday that the reason they are telling us to turn off the 220V to the dyno is that if the power goes out (like in a storm) over night and is turned back on the boards will fry due to the surge. Who knows?
Total new guy

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

K20SI
ive been having it and i failed gas calibration a couple of times and also dyno calibration but i redo it and it pass i hope nothing goes wrong because i dont have a service contract lol

also do u have to make a service call to get it because i didnt and i check my software status and says 1301

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

Re: ESP BAR97 Version 1301 ((ESPers MUST READ))

K20SI
also i have notice that when i pass my gas calibration it says u failed t10 limits and passed t90 limits its been like this for a while but the last 2 calibration its just i pass i didnt do anything different just the machine by it self so i am happy about that lol someone was saying that the nox bench was going out
12