ESP GEN 3 air line question.

none
My GEN 3 is having some issues and I noticed that the air line going to the back of my GEN 3 machine is tapped into the line that goes to the air bags that lift the brake on the dyno. Could this be right? The only time my GEN 3 will get air pressure is when the "lift" is up. It wasn't an issue that I noticed before but now my dyno control box is having problems and won't raise the lift. I moved the air line for the GEN 3 to the constant air supply line after my regulator that feeds the dyno and that seems right to me.

BTW; I now hooked regulated shop air to the dyno air bags so I can still get cars in and out and use that bay for the OIS machine.

Re: ESP GEN 3 air line question.

The Gen-3 uses shop air to purge the sample hose.  If it tries to purge while the supply is off, you will probably get hang-up checks.  My Gen-3 is teed into the shop air, upstream of the lift control.

Re: ESP GEN 3 air line question.

 Spx\Clayton here, but what they did to mine was, hooked the air BEFORE the solenoid that controls the lift bags. Shop Air.
It is hooked into shop air with a regulator set a 40 PSI.. That air is to clean out the sample line on the GEN III.

 So mine goes Regulated at 90 PSI to lift the Dyno. Split from there one to a 40 PSI  line to the back of the GEN III. The other that is still at 90 PSI to lift the dyno.
Hope that helps.

Re: ESP GEN 3 air line question.

none
I thought this was wrong. I never noticed until now when the lift won't get air. The sad part is it doesn't surprise me either. Thanks.

I first put a shop air hose to the lift but decided that might be too much air pressure for the air bags. I have it regulated down to 90 now.

Re: ESP GEN 3 air line question.

Best Answer I Can Give
 So they put your 40 PSI purge line, on the same line as the lift bags?
Mine is before.