ESP GEN3 date/time

none
I can't get my ESP GEN3 to log in. I get a "communication failed" warning. When I restart the machine I get a warning that the date is wrong and it takes a password to change it on that screen that is not our standard password. The date shows 02/07/2017

Does anyone know how to change the date on the ESP machine?

Re: ESP GEN3 date/time

Best Answer I Can Give
 Happened here. The Battery in the computer is BAD. The small watch battery. The keep alive time and date battery. That one. I think it is called the CMOS battery??????

Re: ESP GEN3 date/time

none
Is there a way to fix it without getting ESP out that you know of ?

That does make sense and it is my fault I'm sure. I was closed for a week and put the computer in "shut down mode" but I did NOT switch off the switch on the back which I thought would keep the battery from getting drained. The ESP GEN2 was that way.

Re: ESP GEN3 date/time

Is there a way to fix it without getting ESP out that you know of ?

That does make sense and it is my fault I'm sure. I was closed for a week and put the computer in "shut down mode" but I did NOT switch off the switch on the back which I thought would keep the battery from getting drained. The ESP GEN2 was that way.
Unless if you want a "tampered" on your screen :)

Re: ESP GEN3 date/time

Best Answer I Can Give
 The power went down over night one time here. The next morning that problem showed up.
Sure you didn't have a power outage one night?

 No you can't fix it. The problem needs to be fixed, plus time and date need to be set by the Tech
 Hope you didn't do any test. We could and had to redo all 5 of them at my cost.

Re: ESP GEN3 date/time

Esp needs to change

Don't mess with your machines when not there just let them be idle.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020, 1:05 PM none [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't get my ESP GEN3 to log in. I get a "communication failed" warning. When I restart the machine I get a warning that the date is wrong and it takes a password to change it on that screen that is not our standard password. The date shows 02/07/2017

Does anyone know how to change the date on the ESP machine?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/ESP-GEN3-date-time-tp5082415.html

Re: ESP GEN3 date/time

The esp dude straight out told me to never shut off the machine and to just let it idle the whole time if i wanted to make sure i never got this problem.

Re: ESP GEN3 date/time

BasicTech678
No One wrote
The esp dude straight out told me to never shut off the machine and to just let it idle the whole time if i wanted to make sure i never got this problem.
what a POS my spx was the same my new WW i shut down every night incase of an outage which often short but when they happen it can flicker on and off before it stays on. i had a motherboard fried after leaving it on over a stormy weekend. after that i invested in a battery power inverter runs hour or so after power goes out

Re: ESP GEN3 date/time

none
I thought I was doing a good thing by shutting it off while I was gone for a week but I won't do that again. The ESP guy came by and did some voodoo magic on it and it's back and working. BESTA is most likely right that the battery is weak.

My advice is do not BUY the ESP, keep renting instead. The service calls will eat up anything you save.

Re: ESP GEN3 date/time

My advice is do not BUY the ESP, keep renting instead. The service calls will eat up anything you save.
I wanted to buy until my first break down 8 months after getting it

Re: ESP GEN3 date/time

Sound advice