ESP GEN3

007
The new GEN3 has been down 5 days and no telling when they will be able to fix it. They keep throwing parts at it and nothing is working, they will be back tmaro with more new parts and we will see what happens. Anyone else have this machine and experienced any problems?

Re: ESP GEN3

Kriss Vector

Re: ESP GEN3

007
It was originally saying zero air calibration required, the pump was not coming on, so they put a new board in it and still not working, not sure if we are at the same problem or something new, only one guy no's how to work on them, while are regular tech stands around and watches, they don't stock any parts for these machines, they have to go to Sacremento to get them.

Re: ESP GEN3

Kriss Vector

Re: ESP GEN3

007
They are beta test units, on the inside there is a label that says CA BETA TEST, what the hell happened in Sac when all the orginal beta machines were put into service months ago, are they working fine or still having issues. This many problems with a new machine, I can just image the future, lemon.

Re: ESP GEN3

none
The bench went out in one of my GEN2 machines yesterday and I was thinking last night it might be time to get one of the GEN3 machines. After reading this today I decided to spring for a new bench instead.

Re: ESP GEN3

xcinlb
I would be pissed! At $500 a month. I guess I'll keep repairing my old BAR 97's, on average every two weeks! Thank god for IOS, so far have saved me when two BAR 97's go down at the same time. It seems like service calls take forever to get to your shop these days. Not sure if the change to Opus has anything to do with it.

Re: ESP GEN3

none
My service tech usually can show up by the next day but the parts are crap and the last time the KV board for the dyne went out it took five boards to find one that worked right and it only lasted about three weeks.

Re: ESP GEN3

Kriss Vector

Re: ESP GEN3

none:
I had ESP remove the garbage NOX bench and replaced it with a BAR approved NOX Cell
about two years ago. The NOX Cell has never failed me.
Worth asking the ESP tech about the NOX Cell.

Re: ESP GEN3

007
anyone using a zero air generator with the gen 3?

Re: ESP GEN3

xcinlb
KFworry, whats NOX Cell as opposed to the bench? Will it work on any BAR 97?

Re: ESP GEN3

kfworry
The ESP/OPUS tech can show you the difference between the Nox Bench and Nox Cell.
To my knowledge the Nox bench is for the Gen 2 ESP. Not sure if it works in Gen 1.
ESP knew the Nox benches were Junk! So they tested the Nox Cell, then the state BAR did its testing
of the Nox Cell, and finally approved it a couple years ago.

Re: ESP GEN3

Re: ESP GEN3

I'm on NOx cells on both machines now after the NOx benches we had to have installed failed. This was the HC bench that failed now.

This kind of stuff makes me like BAR-OIS. I can repair it myself and if the DAD is bad they can overnight one to me. Anything else I can get at the computer store and Amazon.

Re: ESP GEN3

Gen 3 is trash. Not even 2 years in and the Bench already took a shit.