ESP / OPUS Response Times

SoCalSmogGuy
I am conducting an informal survey on the average response time it takes ESP / OPUS to send out a tech when your analyzer is DOWN.

What do they tell you when you call? Do they give you an immediate ETA? How many days do you normally wait until you see a tech?

I am experiencing the cost of their equipment and supplies steadily increasing as response times are more and more drawn out. They only employ 2 technicians to cover our huge area with has hundreds of inspection sites.
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

BasicTech678
norcal is great under 24hours however my tech was an spx tech that was asked to stay with opus, ive seen alot of tech jump ship over to worldwide either let go or better pay with WW , which when i had them response time was more like 48-72hour response

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

Best Answer I Can Give
 Not fair to ask me. My Opus guy lives a couple miles from the shop. So most times that day.

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

jvolman
i see average of about 3 days if they have the part.  I tip mine $20 when hes here just to keep the wait as minimum as possible.  As far as an ETA, ive never gotten a straight eta from them.  Contract say 72 hours, but with all the new machine installs waits are hella longer

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

Since OPUS took over for ESP the call center has been horrible. The billing department is totally unreachable.

My tech still shows up within 48 hours at the longest but usually within 24 and often the same day. I do tip also.

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

Able
Same here usually 24hrs.

Never had same day.

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

ThePharmacist
Our response time is horrible, he won't show at least 3 days after the call, never has the part he needs and we gotta wait another week. It doesn't help how are gen3 is down more times than it's running. I guess apparently they have one tech covering all of Oakland all the was to Brentwood. For those who aren't familiar with the distance Brentwood is about an hour drive from Oakland with no traffic.

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

Best Answer I Can Give
 Let me ask you a question. When was the last time you offered to buy him a soda, lunch, just a bottle of water?
Is your machine free of clutter?  Are you willing to make his life easier? You make his easier, he might make your life easier.

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

ThePharmacist
What are you talking about? Our shop stays clean but none of that should even matter. I shouldn't have butter up the guy for him to just do his job.

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

Best Answer I Can Give
 You catch more flies with sugar than you do with vinegar.

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

I know that ESP guy, it doesn't matter. I used to call him Sideshow (Blank Name of ESP tech) due to his Sideshow Bob haircut.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

Best Answer I Can Give
 Why should you have to kiss his ass? BECAUSE WHO EVER TOLD YOU LIFE WAS FAIR LIED.

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

D Rochells 150861
Gee, I think BAR needs to learn that lesson most of all. Treat the techs like shit and surprise, surprise. Was helping someone with opening a new shop. BAR's fax number on the paper they sent us was busy, called in, they changed the number. Lady at the desk says she has asked the boss to change it, I call him and tell him its wrong. He says we didn't respond to the letter fast enough, or we would have gotten through.

זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

Usually same/next day, but I've built a good relation$hip with our tech.
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: ESP / OPUS Response Times

Once I started giving him some bucks for lunch usually comes in the same day or the next day.