ESP Screen Freeze

Karupt
So, for the past three days we have come into the shop with our ESP System 1 screen frozen.  This time however, right before we were about to do a hard reset the machine started dialing out...I am wondering if the state is trying to push a recent update to my machine or something?  Has anyone else with an ESP machine experienced this daily screen freeze?

Re: ESP Screen Freeze

Citation Addict
If you are attempting to do a smog during the update, in some cases, yes it will freeze. Best advice to you is do a Data File Refresh and it is as simple as that.

Re: ESP Screen Freeze

K20SI
there is a new update for the esp its called 1301 i been getting blasts about it go to analyzer setting and see what update u have   i check mine and it  was 1301 it says if u dont have it by a this date u will be locked out

Re: ESP Screen Freeze

GrossPolluter
We experienced it once yesterday in the middle of an inspection.

We're only experiencing NO RPM reading on some CAN vehicles. So now with CAN vehicles, we

have to bust out the DIS ignition pickup for RPMs cuz the OB2 connector is useless

with these CANs. I asked if anyone was experiencing the same and thought that the software

update was causing this. But no one seemed to have any issues, yet.

Re: ESP Screen Freeze

K20SI

Re: ESP Screen Freeze

K20SI

Re: ESP Screen Freeze

GrossPolluter
That's the software update message we received, 3 times in the last 2 weeks.