ESP Zero air crapped out

thepollutants
I was in the middle of the 3rd test of the morning and the ESP complained about low zero air pressure, possible dirty filter, etc. First two tests were fine. I went over to the zero air machine and the System Check light was on. I rebooted the analyzer, didn't work. Cycled the power on the zero air, didn't work. Now the normal System Check startup light doesn't come on and the power light is very dim. I checked all the fuses and there is power. But the 220v light doesn't come on.

The shop owner for some reason leaves this machine on all the time instead of shutting it down nightly like he should so it could have been on for a year for all I know.

He also doesn't keep a bottle of Zero here for backups and there are no fittings in the shop to hook the analyzer up to compressed air.

Any idea what I can do? Thanks.

Re: ESP Zero air crapped out

kfworry
BTW, the 220 volt light is for the DYNAMOMETER.
The Zero Air Generator, "ZAG", is 110 volt plug-in.
My ZAG broke a few years ago. I've been using a large
Zero Air cylinder ever since. A new ZAG is pricey $$$$
out-of-pocket without a service contract.
Good Luck

Re: ESP Zero air crapped out

Mark
Thats a management decision, it's up to the
owner to be available at least by phone in case
something like this happens.

If your loosing smogs out the ass you can get fittings
at auto, hardware places. But the system don't run off
shop air pressure! Make dam sure you know what pressure
it runs at and that you regulate it before hooking it up.

The legal route would be disposable Zero bottle (50 bucks?)
till your boss does something about it.

Re: ESP Zero air crapped out

GrossPolluter
The past 3 shops that I worked at that had the ESP zero machine crapped out on us as well. We never bothered to get it fixed because the shops stop paying for service contract and it was too much to fix.

Ask your manager if there are any local smog supply retailers that deliver. They may have the fittings and hoses, for sure they will have zero air bottles.  If I recall the air line going into the Zero air machine is the exact same size fitting as the standard zero air bottle. You may not need any fittings, just the Zero Air Gas bottle/tank.