EVAP RECORDS PURGE

bangla
Hello to all smog techs,
I recently updated the BAR-97 gen 3 Opus machine to version 1904 software. When I do a 1995 or older car it tells me I have 90 days from test date to perform purge records. I called Opus and was told to simply plug the EVAP machine to the port on the back of the Gen 3 unit and perform a machine restart plus data file refresh, I did that but when tried to send records to base, I get an (EVAP Tester record purge failed!) does the evap machine has to be in certain mode? I placed a service call hopefully I get a visit from Opus soon to find out.

Re: EVAP RECORDS PURGE

No One
why not send it the old fashion way?

Re: EVAP RECORDS PURGE

SOLO310
IM HAVING SAME ISSUE ANY SUGESTIONS

Re: EVAP RECORDS PURGE

805smogtech
When you do a bar97 95 and older now with the new software, after you test the gas cap you then hook up the cable to your evap machine and it purges data before it will let you enter in the last 4 of the vin and continue with the lpfet test. it purges data before every test now. being as how i am not the one in our who comes in early and calibrates the machines on monday and thursday mornings anymore, i'm not sure if you hook up the evap to the phone line and send the data that way anymore? shouldn't matter because the evap machine communicates to the bar 97 before every test now so?

Hopefully that at least made some sense and was even a little helpful?

Re: EVAP RECORDS PURGE

Esp equipment with communicate best with the same brand equipment I found. Also. Try and send your evap data more frequently, I run a test and send it ASAP

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019, 10:43 AM bangla [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello to all smog techs,
I recently updated the BAR-97 gen 3 Opus machine to version 1904 software. When I do a 1995 or older car it tells me I have 90 days from test date to perform purge records. I called Opus and was told to simply plug the EVAP machine to the port on the back of the Gen 3 unit and perform a machine restart plus data file refresh, I did that but when tried to send records to base, I get an (EVAP Tester record purge failed!) does the evap machine has to be in certain mode? I placed a service call hopefully I get a visit from Opus soon to find out.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/EVAP-RECORDS-PURGE-tp5076213.html

Re: EVAP RECORDS PURGE

bangla
Opus guy came and told me he needed to come to initialize EVAP unit. After he did his thing, evap machine was recognized my Gen 3 machine. I was never told by Opus help desk by phone that I needed to plug EVAP machine to serial port on back of machine which already has a serial cable about 6 feet long attached to port. (used phone cable thinking this was the cable to plug) You may need a longer cable, an extension, or relocate EVAP machine to be able to connect. Bottom line phone line is obsolete, but if you have tests to transmit, do so the old way before you initialize EVAP machine into the Gen 3 unit for the first time. This is the new diagnostics menu and window after choosing evap diagnostics test. I must say that I have not done any EVAP test since the Opus guy came which was this last Saturday so not sure if there will be any issues after the fact.

Re: EVAP RECORDS PURGE

defective
Got a records purge fail message today, and it was just a loose serial cable between the bar97 and the evap machine.  ESP gen3 and evap machines.  Check the basics!

Re: EVAP RECORDS PURGE

805smogtech
Our machine is notorious for not purging the first time. I just hit continue when it says "do you want to try to purge again". 95% of the time it usually purges the second time if not, then i hit it again. never had it go past the 3rd time without purging yet (knock on wood).