EVAP

FiendFX
Has anyone figured out a way to do the EVAP test faster?

Before I would do the EVAP test first and start doing the visual and functional tests then just enter pass or fail on the EVAP. But now, it requires to be on the EVAP Prompt in order to proceed with the EVAP test.

Thoughts?

Re: EVAP

Ram Rod
Just follow the instructions and procedures on the Gen 3.Do evap test when prompted.

Re: EVAP

FiendFX wrote
Has anyone figured out a way to do the EVAP test faster?

Before I would do the EVAP test first and start doing the visual and functional tests then just enter pass or fail on the EVAP. But now, it requires to be on the EVAP Prompt in order to proceed with the EVAP test.

Thoughts?
Next time I get the a 95 an older car, im going to try and do evap first and then see if i can load the DATA in when prompted.

Re: EVAP

Evil Morty
ive  tried doing evap early always says upload fail so i dont bother trying anymore
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: EVAP

No One
Evil Morty wrote
ive  tried doing evap early always says upload fail so i dont bother trying anymore
Damn. At leaast one of tried.

Re: EVAP

FiendFX
No One wrote
Evil Morty wrote
ive  tried doing evap early always says upload fail so i dont bother trying anymore
Damn. At leaast one of tried.
This is why I made this post. And see if anyone has a way around it. It just makes the smog inspection slower.

Re: EVAP

STAR is Racist
One thing that sucks about doing the EVAP last is sometimes you don't find a liquid fuel leak until the EVAP test adds that extra pressure.

Re: EVAP

FiendFX
STAR is Racist wrote
One thing that sucks about doing the EVAP last is sometimes you don't find a liquid fuel leak until the EVAP test adds that extra pressure.
Hasnt happened to me yet. The pressure is only 30 ish psi.

Re: EVAP

none
FiendFX wrote
Hasnt happened to me yet. The pressure is only 30 ish psi.
30 inches of water which is about 1/2PSI on the gas tank end.

I've had a couple of times that the fuel tank would leak when I did the pressure test. One that I remember was a full size Dodge truck with a plastic tank that was cracked near the top.

Re: EVAP

STAR is Racist
It's rare I see fewer than 1 a year but it does happen.