EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

FiendFX
The red adaptor doesn't fit snug. Do you guys do EVAP test on these?
These are a hit or miss if you get the adaptor on a certain way.

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

Karupt
hey Fiend, I take the rubber ring out of the blue thingy or as many as it takes to get a good seal and it usually works .usually .

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

FiendFX
I usually do that also, hence i said it's hit or miss. So technically, we are not required to modified things to do the evap test. So I am curious..

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

The EVAP manual does say to mix and match seals as needed. Personally I feel that's kinda stupid cause some it causes confusion and we should all be testing the same way. If they said, Jeep= remove seal X and put seal Y, it would make sense.

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

Best Answer I Can Give
 My SPX guy had a kit with new O Rings in it.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

Smogtech
I normally do that.

noticed other techs used plastic bag to help it sealed

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

So the question still remains, we are required to EVAP test the wranglers?

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

I got dinged for not testing one, so yes.

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

Lose weight
tested an 87 c10 pickup yesterday that had those little fang looking things on the gas cap. An evap adapter did not fit so I entered n/a on evap test but have a feeling that'll show up on the monthly report card.

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

Best Answer I Can Give
 Not that I do it, but do know shops that do it.
Once in a GREAT while put pass and just don't do the test.

 I had a machine go down. Did not do a refresh for almost a year. How did they know if I did test on those vehicle or not.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

Well if they do figure it out they could accuse you of fraud.

Re: EVAP test on Jeep Wranglers in th 80's

stopstar1234
yup me too use the seals as necessary