Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

No One

What do you guys think of his cyberpunk truck and his cars? tThe truck gets 500 miles per charge starting at 40k. Not bad at a reasonable price. Will it end the our industry? I remember seeing a GM commercial during the last super bowl saying that they will go all electric cars by 2023.

I personally think EVs are just a meme for hipsters that live in the city and do very lil driving away from the city or their homes.

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

No One wrote
The truck gets 500 miles per charge starting at 40k. Not bad at a reasonable price.
$40K is far more than the cumulative grand total of every vehicle I have purchased since 1984.

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

user7112
whenever a customer tells me "your going to be out of a job soon because of electric vehicles"
I always answer
" oh man lets tell all the gas station owners to shut down their businesses because electric vehicles are taking over soon!"

" oh man lets tell all the gas station owners to shut down their businesses because electric vehicles are taking over soon!"
Not only gas station, but electric cars will also destroy the automotive repair industry too.

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

Best Answer I Can Give
 That is why the owner of ARP  just bought himself a Tesla.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

I don't know what that thing is supposed to be BUT that is NO TRUCK! It looks like the love child of a Delorean and an El Camino.

Can you see a contractor driving that THING to a job site?

 That is not a TRUCK. That is a toy for the rich boys.

I can not see gas vehicles being pushed out by electric cars at least not in my lifetime
cant imagine no gas station or smogcheck stations

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

Best Answer I Can Give
 It would not be a RANT but it would be long and the truth, so to hell with you people. THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE IS COMING.
Several manufacturers have shut down their Internal Combustion Research Labs.

 I just don't sit here and wonder. I sit and look for the TRUTH. Newest Battery? Weighs 36 lbs It's lead acid equal 86 lbs. Plus it works BETTER.

 Those who say NO WAY are no better than the farmer that said a Tractor will never replace a horse. If you go over 25 MPH you will die. You will not be able to breath and the skin will be torn off the body.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

xcinlb
China will be requiring 50% of new vehicles sales to be electric by 2025, and 100% by 2030. Europe not as aggressive, but on the same route. U.S. will only be at about 7% to 8% by those dates, so no time soon. Plus, East and West (us smoggers) will have the highest concentrations in the country. Remaining ICE vehicles, will filter out in what, 10 or 15 years? Just in time for retirement? Hopefully.

The $40K model goes about 220 miles, the one that goes 500 miles starts at $70,000 and tows 14000lb about the price of Super Duty trucks. Still a lot of dough in my eyes.

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

No One
xcinlb wrote
"What do you guys think of his cyberpunk truck and his cars? tThe truck gets 500 miles per charge starting at 40k. Not bad at a reasonable price. Will it end the our industry? I remember seeing a GM commercial during the last super bowl saying that they will go all electric cars by 2023"

The $40K model goes about 220 miles, the one that goes 500 miles starts at $70,000 and tows 14000lb about the price of Super Duty trucks. Still a lot of dough in my eyes.
Did you see the vid of the truck out pulling the F-150? Tesla fought dirty.

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

defective

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

user7112
I am positive electric cars and solar panels are the future. key word is FUTURE
.
I can't see it being implemented on a world wide scale in our lifetime.
Think the majority of people are drving EV and installing solar panels on their homes? or if they wll be in the next 20 years?

I can't see it

maybe in 30 years and that's a big maybe
unless i can buy a EV for less than 5k im not getting one

my 2001 corolla cost me 3k ive been driving it for 3 years

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

i perfer elon tusk hes less of a douche

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

805smogtech
No One wrote
user7112 wrote
Not only gas station, but electric cars will also destroy the automotive repair industry too.
Why do you say that??

Where are you going to charge your EV on a roadtrip? Seems to me gas stations transition to charging stations.

As for the repair industry, the EV still has tires, brakes, tie rods, that will need to be replaced at a shop. it is still gonna need alignments. Soft ware updates. High performance tune-ups etc...

I'll bet the industry won't look the same, but it will survive.

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

kfworry
Bruce Cosby is an Instructor at Advanced Automotive Training in
Rancho Cordova.
Fellow smog technicians in Northern California know his name and may have
attended his update classes.
He owns a Nissan Leaf and is an advocate for climate change.
He believes Electric Vehicles will be here sooner or later
and lead to the demise of the Bureau Of Automotive Repair.
I'm Okay with that, as I am 46-years in the automotive field,
collecting social security and a military retirement.
California's economy with "Tank" when oil refineries
will be forced to diversify or shut down when Gas & Diesel
fuel demand drops.

Re: Elons new truck and his EVs will be the end of the smog program

Best Answer I Can Give
 I KNOW you guys think i'm NUTS, but FOLLOW THE MONEY.

 Oil companies WANT Electric cars. They will make more money a gallon but will use less.
Just one example. Crude to the pump. How does it get there? Refined into 4 different grades.

 Wind ans Solar will not keep up with demand.  I could go on for pages on why the Electric Vehicle is coming. Use your head for more than a hat rack. THINK! WHO MAKES THE MONEY.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.