Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

Able

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

user7112
Think it will ever end in CA ?

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

No One
user7112 wrote
Think it will ever end in CA ?
"Once the program ends, will people have any incentive to fix emission problems?−
They certainly should. Obviously, keeping your car’s emissions system running is the right thing to do to protect public health — including the health of your family and your neighbors. Beyond that, if that check engine light comes on and you ignore it, over time you may be causing significant damage to your engine. The computer that runs your car relies on the data coming in from the emission controls to keep the engine operating properly. If you don’t fix a problem in one part of the system, you’ll start to see problems crop up elsewhere."

Time to move to Washington and remove the cats on my 91 GT mustang.

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

Best Answer I Can Give
 The old saying, A lock KEEPS the honest man HONEST.

 How many would run around with the light on, and never care? All we do is keep people from running around for years with a light on.

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

Able
My thoughts exactly, we Americans are already behind when it comes to health. Why take something away that will make it even worse?

What happened to being pro-active? By the time air quality becomes a problem, its too late to fix.

Oh well, at least there's a ton of tress in WA, that should help somehow.

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

Best Answer I Can Give
 Yes i READ the EXCUSE. Is that the REAL reason?

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

none
As far as I know, the only state that does vehicle emissions testing WITHOUT being mandated to by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is Colorado. The other 32 states that do it are basically required to do it in order to get money like highway funding.

If Washington's air quality meets federal standards why should they burden their citizens with emissions testing?

BESTA are you still commuting back and forth to work in an old dirty Dodge diesel? Why don't you drive a Prius if you are so concerned about what everyone else is doing for air quality?

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

 Yes and no in the Dodge. 3.5 miles. Weather is good, the Moto cycle. 35 MPG Wife who drives 60 to work drives a Hybred Honda.

 Why do they meet the Standard? Maybe because they were doing the TESTING. Keeping the honest man HONEST.

 The Air only went clean when we started testing for NOx. Some News reports have the Air going back to unclean in So Cal.

 Only time will tell.

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

Best Answer I Can Give
 Chances are they can't find any one to do the work and pass a DRUG test.

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

user7112
Damn hippies!

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

Best Answer I Can Give
 Some one is not telling the truth. Smog Check makes MONEY for a State.
I believe that is a contracted out deal. No expense to the State. Just collect the FEE for the Cert.

 Just like your shop where all the money you collect for a smog goes strait into your pocket, no expenses at all  At least that is what the customers think.

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

Best Answer I Can Give
 Yes but the BURDEN of the expense goes to the contractor. How much of the $8.25 is spent in COST?

 Don't you keep all the money you charge? The Public Thinks you do. So do many of the PR's I have dealt with think.
One would always walk in and Say "Look at all the money you are making" Never did, but, HEY YOU WANT TO PAY MY BILLS.

 People Don't Think.

Re: Emission Checks Ends in 2020 for WA!

I think its a lot of sabor rattling, the program wont go away it will just evolve, not everyone can afford new modern vehicles.

Not all of us want newer vehicles either
I own my own shop and commute 1000k miles a week. I dont see the point
Of buying a newer vehicle when the value of the vehicle will be nearly nothing after a year of commuting

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 11:21 AM Able [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
https://ecology.wa.gov/Air-Climate/Air-quality/Vehicle-emissions/Emissions-check-ends

Thought it was an interesting read for some of us.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Emission-Checks-Ends-in-2020-for-WA-tp5077456.html