Emission device hoses

GrossPolluter
A car comes in with aftermarket hose on the PCV and aftermarket vacuum hoses. The hoses were not  emission hoses, fuel hoses or oil hoses. A technician few doors used to do inspections long time ago says that the hoses that route to any smog components must be emission hoses.

What are emission hoses? I never heard of this before, this is the first time. Would you guys have failed it?

Re: Emission device hoses

FiendFX
As long as they fit properly and not too long, pass it.
Al

Re: Emission device hoses

Al
the only hoses we fail are the ones that say HEATER HOSE on them when
used for pcv hose

Re: Emission device hoses

According to the Reference Guide, you don't need an exemption for:

"Minor configuration changes to ECS hoses and tubes. For example, the
installation of universal replacement hose in place of a preformed hose"

Answers your question kinda sorta, but not really...

I believe that fuel hose and emission hose are the same thing, I've even seen some marked "fuel/emission".  Any fuel hose is cool for smog components IMHO.

Any heater hose is OK too, but only for my car, everyone else gets a fail.

It's good to be the king.
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.

Re: Emission device hoses

SMOG 1
Yeah but be careful because some of those pcv aftermarket hose are not ment to withstand the oil vapor therefore they then to collapse. I pass them as long as i can squeeze them and they dont stick to each side

Re: Emission device hoses

Citation Addict
I dont care if every hose is color coated pink, as long as, it serves the purpose for which it was intended.  PCV, Evap, AIS....ect.

Re: Emission device hoses

justa
Banned User

Re: Emission device hoses

just another shop owner wrote
The State will take post like these and prove to the Media that we don't know what we are doing.
At least it'll be cheaper than the Sierra Report was!
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.

Re: Emission device hoses

reactor
I fail PCV systems for using heater hoses, like i'm supposed to. Universal hoses are fine as long as they say emission/fuel on them.

Re: Emission device hoses

Mark
The hose has got to me made to do what it is supposed to do.
If it's made to carry crankcase vapor it must be able to live through
soaking in oil, so a water hose will not work for very long. No point in
putting a hose on that will desegregate in six months leaking crankcase
fumes into the air or causing a vacuum leak.

Re: Emission device hoses

Karupt
So fail PCV hoses that say HEATER on it?? And  of course any others with gashed and cracks correct?
    I have seen garden hoses for PCV and passed.was this a mistake?