Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

Mike
do you guys evap test these?
If im not mistaken there are two canisters on this and located at rear above spare tire.
I looked at alldata and that is what I see.
Anyone sure about these.
Thanks
Mike

Re: Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

Jones

Re: Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

FiendFX
That is incorrect. You can test nissan maxima and ford vans. they are not in engine compartment.

Re: Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

GrossPolluter
Not if the charcoal canister is located under the spare tire. This particular model has steel lines going to the canister so there is no where you can crimp the line and it is not accessible.

I was told if it is not accessible and you can not perform a balloon pressure test, it is not testable.

Re: Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

smog king101
Ive tested vehicles also, That Are Not In Engine Compartment. Dodge Ram  Some Buicks ..

Re: Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

SSTO
You can test any EVAP canister that are not testable and are not located in the engine due to he fear of got ding by BAR or loose your job. Ignorance is Bliss.

I strictly follow BAR supplied EVAP locator CD. If its not there I don't test test. Yes I make sure that canister is there. I never got ding. That CD is my defense.

Re: Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

I do not test those . If it is on top of the spare, no it is NA!  I have a weird one here how about 1995 Nissan trucks where the canister is in the rear ?anyone test those or am I  the only knucklehead?

Re: Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

Jones

Re: Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

SSTO wrote
That CD is my defense.
Maybe... if you could cut it into the shape of a Ninja star and throw it at the rep when he comes to visit.
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.

Re: Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

sandman
the one that says eddie bauer is not testable,  I could see the canister but the lines to it are plastic so cant pinch.  I think the regular explorer is under the hood and is testable.

Re: Evap Testing 1995 Ford Explorer

SSTO wrote
Knucklehead. Refer to the BAR supplied EVAP CD.
Please be careful, SSTO.  Here's a quote straight from page 3 of the Summer 2009 Automotive Repair and Smog Check News:

The Pinch Point Database is a software program that assists technicians in finding the fuel vapor hose and illustrates the suggested crimping locations.  The Pinch Point Database is not to be used to determine the testability of a vehicle.  There may be some instances where the database indicates that the vehicle is not testable or a picture may not be accurate due to the number of vehicle models.  Some vehicles may appear to be untestable because the flapper door seals so tightly that the LPFET unit will generate an error such as "can't fill."  Ultimately, technicians must decide which vehicles can or cannot be tested.