Evap calibration

Tim454
Does any have problems calibrating evap ever since they updated the machines. I have problems with two different esp evap Machines getting them to pass vaper space check fails immediately. :(

Re: Evap calibration

kfworry
Delphi or Waekon EVAP??

EVAP leak test??

You could have a leak in the hose.

Re: Evap calibration

Tim454
Waekon evap. It really strange because sometimes I can get them to go through no problem other days it takes me all day to get it to calibrate. I have mine sitting in the sun right now thinking it’s a temperature thing. I’m not sure though.

Re: Evap calibration

BARfight
i have the same problem with mine sometimes. i haven't been able to figure out why yet, but make sure your calibrating with the evap connected to bar 97. if i get the vapor space failure msg, i will turn the evap machine off for a few minutes, turn it back on, go into the bar 97 and perform evap records purge, and then try again. i usually repeat these steps until it goes through. i got locked out of the evap machine one time and performed the evap tester records purge, and it unlocked it for me

Re: Evap calibration

kfworry
I've had my Waekon EVAP for 12-years.
Never a problem with calibration.
Even now that it is connected to the ESP/OPUS Gen 3.
That should not interfere with or cause calibration issues.

Re: Evap calibration

kfworry
I do not see how Temperature would affect calibration.

Re: Evap calibration

Tim454
Me ether to be honest but I’ll try anything to make it pass.

Re: Evap calibration

none
I get the "VAPOR SPACE" thing sometimes the first time I try to calibrate it but it works the second time. I thought it had to do with temperature too because it only happens when we are in the 30s.

Re: Evap calibration

Make sure the quick coupler is ceiling correctly recently. We were having this exact issue and what ended up fixing the issue was replacing the whole entire hose assembly.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020, 9:06 AM Tim454 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does any have problems calibrating evap ever since they updated the machines. I have problems with two different esp evap Machines getting them to pass vaper space check fails immediately. :(

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Evap-calibration-tp5078946.html

Re: Evap calibration

I get random "Vapor Space" errors too on my Waekon, but I have never had more than two in a row.  I still get random lock-ups too, but only once since hooking it up to my EIS a few weeks ago.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: Evap calibration

bangla
Hello there I get this message almost every time I calibrate Weakon machine, this is the way I clear it, when I get that message I unplug the hose from the fitting and hear for vapor escaping, I cancel the test and try again, if it does it again do the same thing again, it usually works the first time but may need up to 3 times this procedure. Vapor lock is real weather caused by temperature or from previous tests. Good luck.

Re: Evap calibration

BlueSky
Tim454 wrote
Waekon evap. It really strange because sometimes I can get them to go through no problem other days it takes me all day to get it to calibrate. I have mine sitting in the sun right now thinking it’s a temperature thing. I’m not sure though.
I was having to do multiple cal tests because of vapor space failures on cold mornings.  I now pre-heat the back of the unit with a small electric heater for about 20 minutes and it passes cal every time.

Re: Evap calibration

Best Answer I Can Give
 If it was a case of the OLD "Vapor Lock" you could put "Cloth Pins" on the line.

 Only us OLD FARTS. will get that one.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.