Evap lines

Evaponly818
Week or two back a car failed obd and I visually failed it for cracked evap hoses, turns out car had an evap code. Customer changed the hoses and car passed. Evap monitor ready nothing pending.
Was proud that I caught that and it was related to the dtc & returned fixed ahah. Hoses were new but do they have to be certain type? I passed it hoses were clearly new but I do not know if evap system needs certain material hose??

Re: Evap lines

Evaponly818

Forgot to insert pic with original post

Re: Evap lines

Evaponly818 wrote
I passed it hoses were clearly new but I do not know if evap system needs certain material hose??
The hose in your image appears to be PCV/Fuel line, and I would say that is a proper fix.   I've spliced broken plastic lines with the appropriate sized PCV/Fuel line too.

I don't think you can tell just by looking if a hose is a general purpose low pressure air, diesel, gas, oil, or water line.   If it looks good, I'd pass it.

Re: Evap lines

805smogtech
Evaponly818 wrote
Week or two back a car failed obd and I visually failed it for cracked evap hoses, turns out car had an evap code. Customer changed the hoses and car passed. Evap monitor ready nothing pending.
Was proud that I caught that and it was related to the dtc & returned fixed ahah. Hoses were new but do they have to be certain type? I passed it hoses were clearly new but I do not know if evap system needs certain material hose??
Good Job. Always stay vilgilant. The moment you get lazy could be on a BAR undercover and then you'll wish you'd stayed vigilant.

As for hose material, I've never heard of special "Evap" hose. I'd have passed it if it looked like the picture you posted as well.

Re: Evap lines

Evaponly818
Thanks for the response players. Everyone’s feedback most of the time is an ease of mind either confirming what my thought was or correcting me. Can’t lose

Re: Evap lines

They have to be hoses rated for fuel vapor

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 12:25 PM Evaponly818 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Week or two back a car failed obd and I visually failed it for cracked evap hoses, turns out car had an evap code. Customer changed the hoses and car passed. Evap monitor ready nothing pending.
Was proud that I caught that and it was related to the dtc & returned fixed ahah. Hoses were new but do they have to be certain type? I passed it hoses were clearly new but I do not know if evap system needs certain material hose??

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Evap-lines-tp5078206.html

Re: Evap lines

Evaponly818
Kevin wrote

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Week or two back a car failed obd and I visually failed it for cracked
> evap hoses, turns out car had an evap code. Customer changed the hoses and
> car passed. Evap monitor ready nothing pending.
> Was proud that I caught that and it was related to the dtc & returned
> fixed ahah. Hoses were new but do they have to be certain type? I passed it
> hoses were clearly new but I do not know if evap system needs certain
> material hose??

> .
> NAML
> <http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

How can I tell visually? How do u know when they are rated for fuel vapor?

Re: Evap lines

WealdstoneRaider
Some say fuel hose on them, non fuel hoses sometimes have heater hose written on them.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya