Evap problem....$1800

Able
Haven't used my waekon evap machine in a while. When I do, it won't calibrate.....

The gas range is at zero no matter how much I put gas in it. (New tank)

I can feel a large leak from the machine. I called esp and they want $1800 for a replacement.

Any tricks to fix it?

No leak at the hose. Leaks from underneath the main unit where the telephone line goes.

Thanks.

Re: Evap problem....$1800

Kriss Vector

Re: Evap problem....$1800

Able wrote
No leak at the hose. Leaks from underneath the main unit where the telephone line goes.
Read through this thread. http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Evap-failing-calibration-tp5055167p5055168.html

Re: Evap problem....$1800

any work you do will be better than what they do at the repairs place ! Get a kit and open that puppy up ,nothing to it ! The hose probably got disconnected .

Re: Evap problem....$1800

same guy that fixed my unit fixes both brands, $1000  and he send you a replacement unit davey the smog guy 818-645-5008 6 months warranty

from his ebay listing -  we will repair your ESP evap computer... you will need to ship your computer to simplysmog, 8655 reseda blvd. northridge. ca. 91324... we will repair,, test and return the unit back to you... OR ship u a replacement unit.  warranty is 180 days ( 6 months)...

Re: Evap problem....$1800

none
Great information BASICTECH. I will be saving this guys information for the next time my evap machine dies. Thanks.

Re: Evap problem....$1800

Great information BASICTECH. I will be saving this guys information for the next time my evap machine dies. Thanks.
yea he saved me a good amount of dough, i shipped my unit on a Wednesday, and received replacement unit that Tuesday i believe. it was under a week for sure tho

Re: Evap problem....$1800

Able
Yes thanks for all the input. Imma diy  it first.