Evap problems.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Any one else?
Opus BAR 97. Delphi Evap tester. 20 ft cord

 Do the test, everything is good. Evap machine tells me Pass, now the BAR 97tells me I put the wrong 4 numbers in the evap. Do the test again and again, still wrong numbers. Has happened now 5 times.

 Any one else having a problem like that.

 When it does do it I have to turn everything off and wait for it to boot up. Thanks in advance.

 When it does do it I have to turn everything off and wait for it to boot up. Thanks in advance.
You have a 20ft cord for the delphi tester?

Re: Evap problems.

Best Answer I Can Give
 I leave it in from the first part to the last. No rolling the Evap machine around

Re: Evap problems.

That sounds like an issue with the BAR97 if you have the right VIN number entered at the begin of the test and it tells you to enter a different last four of the VIN.

Re: Evap problems.

444O444
do you connect your 20 ft extension cord directly from bar 97 to your delphy?
First when i got my extension cord i connected it directly to the evap machine (i am using esp weakon evap), i was having connection problems all the time.
then the Opus tech told me to use the extension cord after the stock 6 fit cord which comes with bar97,
it solved the problem.

 When it does do it I have to turn everything off and wait for it to boot up. Thanks in advance.
when this happens use your old modem do an upload it gets rid of all the test in memory then retry should go through

Re: Evap problems.

 We do 7 to 10 evaps a week. First problem started a year ago and went away. Now 3 within a month. 2 within a week.

 Nothing has changed on our end. Have not done a thing different from the start. It just pops up.

 Put the machine by the fill. Run the cord to the BAR 97 and follow what it tells me to do. It will sit and run up the timer even after you have finished the Evap.
The only way to clear the problem is to reboot the BAR 97.

 I was hoping I was not the only one. By the looks of it I am. So thanks. Something I could go to Opus with. See I am not the only one.

i have delphi with WW machine i dont plug mine in untill it ask if this car needs EVAP, if i get wrong vin error it will ask if i want to retry. i click yes then it goes back one screen asking if car needs evap thats when i unplug before answering pull out the old modem then purge all the old test stuck inside evap.....
reconnect it to bar97 should go right threw. it usually shows me the vin for the last car i did. saying the vin dont match what is coming out of the evap unit with the bar97

Re: Evap problems.

No concerns thus far

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Evap-problems-tp5082068.html