Evap test "test data contains improper serial number" what does this mean / how to fix it

Evap test "test data contains improper serial number" what does this mean / how to fix it

user7112
Calibration passed fine so did data upload.
You guys run into this before?

This is coming up after i do an evap test.

Re: Evap test "test data contains improper serial number" what does this mean / how to fix it

Best Answer I Can Give
 Will send you a E Mail with my Cell number.
Glad to see I am not the only one.  It can be done without rebooting the machine. To type it out would take a while so call.

Re: Evap test "test data contains improper serial number" what does this mean / how to fix it

Newbiesmogtech
as far as i can tell its a software issue but i found a fix for it without needing to restart the whole test, otherwise your stuck in the cycle where it'll keep telling you improper data. So when you get to the part of the screen where it shows you vin and ask you to continue disconnect cable and continue as if you're doing a smog soon as continue pops up hit it, its gonna give you red error screen that unable to connect/upload to evap tester. It should go back to "does this vehicle require lfept test?" when it gets to that screen reconnect evap tester to gen3 and it should upload calibration data and refresh your tester. Then you just test it as is. shouldn't give you same issue. getting to the menu and having machine upload calibration data is basically what fixes that improper serial issue

Re: Evap test "test data contains improper serial number" what does this mean / how to fix it

Look for a software update

 Why should they spend time to do a update? Just RENT or BUY one of there machines. I talked to one of the higher up for Opus. Guess what he said.  Don't have to guess. That is what he told me.

Re: Evap test "test data contains improper serial number" what does this mean / how to fix it

user7112
In one of my darkest smog hours I looked for help and none came, only Besta came to lift me up.

We should show the guy a little more respect

Shine on you crazy diamond

Re: Evap test "test data contains improper serial number" what does this mean / how to fix it

dcf1ver
user7112 wrote