Every Day Another FLAW

Best Answer I Can Give
 Once a day I run into a ???? A What?  A this isn't right. A who made this up. A what idiot came up with this one.
 A flaw in the State thinking about once a day.

 Last week, young lady, last year in high school. Driving the Family TANK. A 83 Chevy Caprice Wagon.
Pop the hood and the smell of raw gas is over powering.
If your old like me you know the first place to look. Sure nuf the inlet to the Carb is loose.

 Now being Test Only, do I close the hood and send her on her way. Knowing full well and good it's leaking and can go WOOF at anytime. Worst case, get the girl killed or as she freak out kills some one.
Or do I just break the rules and tighten it up? I broke the rules. SAFETY FIRST.

 The flaw that I should test it, fail it, all the time it's leaking, could catch fire all for a stupid rule.

Re: Every Day Another FLAW

Johnnybeme
A bitch being a test only sometimes? You did good and karma be with you.

Re: Every Day Another FLAW

I don't really know if you broke the rules since I'm sure you didn't charge her for the repair.

I agree with what you did since it would be the intent of the law rather than the letter of the law. You stopped a car from causing HC pollution and made her safer. Thumbs up.

Re: Every Day Another FLAW

Just the Facts

Re: Every Day Another FLAW

Johnnybeme
Nailed it! Again good job!

Re: Every Day Another FLAW

Best Answer I Can Give
 All is true what you guys put down.
 The FLAW is test as presented. My understanding of the rules. Test it FAIL it for fuel leak. Yes fix at N\C.
But as it is I didn't get to show a fail. So as far as I Know I'm breaking a rule.

 Again one stupid rule, against another stupid rule.

Re: Every Day Another FLAW

Re: Every Day Another FLAW

good job BEsta ! i think you did the right thing . i have only had one failure in my 12 years of smogging , it was a fuel injector , the car failed for emmissions ,opened the hood and smelled gas , and there was a small puddle of gas on top of one injector . failed for fuel leak .
  What you did was the right thing and at least you can sleep good at night

Re: Every Day Another FLAW

PPNNPNPNN
No rule written anywhere is worth the safety of person or persons, period.

Re: Every Day Another FLAW

none
PPNNPNPNN wrote
No rule written anywhere is worth the safety of person or persons, period.
I totally agree!