FPR .54 to .33

SmogTechmm23
New station No Score that I've been working over the past three months and finally short terms results qualify but my FPR went down and now I'm doomed .... Any advise please ..
Marco A. Martinez

Re: FPR .54 to .33

Smog Help
Sorry. I takes about 2 years for your FPR to shake out not testing cars. The best way to raise FPR is to work at a non star station testing  only newer vehicles.

Re: FPR .54 to .33

SmogTechmm23
An application sent recently would consider my current July score or my previous January score ? For the short term the previously completed quarter is used to determine Star certification ... I'm wondering if the FPR is considered also the recently completed FPR reporting period.
Marco A. Martinez
DL

Re: FPR .54 to .33

DL
It's no use. they told me to fail more cars. I've been at a non star doing newer cars and they said the similar fail rate is too low. WTF I only smogged 2001-2007 for the past 2 fucking years. Statistically speaking how the fuck can my car should've failed against the states statistics when they are OBDII. Of course we do visuals but C'mon how often a car will have a disconnected vacuum???
i can't wait till someone over turns this and get a settlement.

Re: FPR .54 to .33

SmogTechmm23 wrote
New station No Score that I've been working over the past three months and finally short terms results qualify but my FPR went down and now I'm doomed .... Any advise please ..
    a new station no score gets to be no score for two years . that being said , you have two years to get your score up , not onlly that , the score to stay away from is anything below .10 if you hit below .10 , then you might be doomed , but not neccesarily.
        if you just started working there,that means that someone else is testing the cars from the shop you were at before and probably failing one or two more than last year .
  i wouldn't worry about it i had a .32 for six months and prior to that my score kept dropping till it hit .32 . YOU will be fine just do not get .09 that is a bad number for star stations .

Re: FPR .54 to .33

Karupt
 smogtechmmm oh , i just realized YOUR TRYING TO GET STAR , okay that might be a problem unless the bar considers your Jan FPr . only one way to find out , call them .
Joe

Re: FPR .54 to .33

Joe
I dont think BAR will consider any prior scores station isn't even STAR yet.

Re: FPR .54 to .33

sorry to hear. my score went up .94. :)

Re: FPR .54 to .33

Karupt
congratulations Fiendfx and anybody else that got a great score, wish there was a way to KNoW how to KEEP IT!

Re: FPR .54 to .33

Smog Help
Ok...sorry I missed too that you were trying to get your shop STAR....The problem is everything scored FPR  already happened. There is no way to change what's in your test history. And I hate to tell you this, there are some crazy swings going on this cycle. Either the program change or a sTAR software change, but a lot of guys are dropping or increasing wildly.

Re: FPR .54 to .33

smogido
Can u give us on some tips of how you brought it up? :)

Re: FPR .54 to .33

FiendFX
i don't do favors, i pre-screen cars, i test car as is. i fail cars. top secret ;)

Re: FPR .54 to .33

smoghelp,

my shop is already STAR.

Re: FPR .54 to .33

kfworry
A shop in Fairfield went from a high of .68 FPR July 2012
and now is at .07 FPR July 2014. So long STAR certification.
I don't know if he will appeal. The owner was all IN FAVOR of STAR.
I wonder how he feels now??
The owner would brag about doing over 500 vehicles a month.
Anyway we look at it, the STAR scoring measures are
stacked against us.

Re: FPR .54 to .33

If you are working at a different shop and the tech at your old shop is failing cars that should not fail, this will mess up your FPR. By working at one station for 5 years I could keep it around .98 for me and .98 for the shop. Anytime I leave and smog somewhere else my SVF gets messed up. When we started BETA I started getting abort and incorrect gear flags, due to the BETA tests not counting towards my grade, this altered the statistical sample. I was doing nothing different, in fact I am better than ever with my inspections. AND my damn FPR is .89 now, due to idiots not performing inspections on things I have smogged in the last 2 years.

I highly recommend recording all your inspections and documenting everything you fail with pictures. Make sure the cameras will see what gear you put it in.

Re: FPR .54 to .33

smogido
I have another question and that is: Can a star station reject a car before they enter your shop for a smog for any reason??

Re: FPR .54 to .33

FiendFX
yes you are allowed to reject any vehicles.

Re: FPR .54 to .33

cosmokramertheassman
I reject all the older junk. I'm talking late 70s to mid-80s carburated heaps. I'll let the shops around me deal with those while I run the piece of cake OBD2s.

Re: FPR .54 to .33

RussellJames

Re: FPR .54 to .33

deviationmaster
Some places take all cars and when older cars fail, they will be reluctant to pass it again, because they know its likely to fail next cycle.
Then it has to come to us so we have to deal with that bull later down the road.
12