FPR killer

Ee

FPR killer

Ee
A friend works at AutoZone and told me they sell spark plug nonfoulers like pancakes.  Usually to car resellers and he asked if the smog guys catch the modification, the guy said no cause they run the cat monitor and then remove it and drive it slowly to get smogged.  The smog tech did his job but, the car passed that should have failed.  This is a big Flaw in FPR.   People cheat   So if you have lot of customers that flip cars and a borderline score you can expect it to go lower.  And there is nothing you can do about it.  BAR if listening bring back dyno test on 2008 and older.    To weed this jokers out.  Not to mention the people who buy these cars and get stuck with a bad pricy CAT.  Also this will weed out the 19.95 smog that is bringing down our prices, from new shops with no DYNO.  If BAR reads this Bring back Emission/dyno test.  With ois.

Re: FPR killer

Able

I would love dyno + ois combo!

Re: FPR killer

I hear what you are saying and the NO-FOULERS are a new (to our state) problem that has emerged with OIS testing. I see them by far the most on Subarus and I think that an 03 Subaru can likely pass the TSI test with a bad cat too.

I wonder if there is more ODBII data that may clue into either a bad cat where the no-fouler has just been removed or a throttle snap test that shows a slow response on the post cat o2 sensor. The vehicle could then be directed to a ref or BAR97 test.

I would like the same thing for a car with pending or stored codes.

Re: FPR killer

Re: FPR killer

The two programs combined would catch alot of vehicles that need to fail

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019, 10:08 PM Ee [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
A friend works at AutoZone and told me they sell spark plug nonfoulers like pancakes.  Usually to car resellers and he asked if the smog guys catch the modification, the guy said no cause they run the cat monitor and then remove it and drive it slowly to get smogged.  The smog tech did his job but, the car passed that should have failed.  This is a big Flaw in FPR.   People cheat   So if you have lot of customers that flip cars and a borderline score you can expect it to go lower.  And there is nothing you can do about it.  BAR if listening bring back dyno test on 2008 and older.    To weed this jokers out.  Not to mention the people who buy these cars and get stuck with a bad pricy CAT.  Also this will weed out the 19.95 smog that is bringing down our prices, from new shops with no DYNO.  If BAR reads this Bring back Emission/dyno test.  With ois.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/FPR-killer-tp5075937.html

Re: FPR killer

805smogtech
What are you gonna do? Its like the guys that you know that have tuned cars with tuners, turbos, etc... they put their stock junk back on every two years, pass their smog then put all their illegal parts back on once they have a smog cert in hand. Why worry about it?? There is no way to stop it happening. Humans will always find ways to circumvent the rules, no mater who writes the rules, what the rules are, or what the penalties are for getting caught not following said rules. The way I look at it is its like in any form of auto racing. Racers, whether in Nascar, Indy car, drag racing or dirt late models, and sprint cars, most racers cheat in some way or another. Tech officials at various tracks and series come out with new rules every so often and the racers try and get around them to beat the competition, damned the consequences. Smog is no different in my mind. You can't stop people from cheating. Its in their nature

Re: FPR killer

StarTech
Just do your job. OIS +  emissions readings would be more hassle than reward. ALSO more things that can go wrong for YOU to be down. Just be thankful its only internet\ Server issues for OIS....