Fed vehicle 95 or older

Lose weight
If a vehicle is a fed 95 or older, do we still have to verify the pc1,pc-2, t-1?Example is a 93 rodeo Fed certified.The Fed one only has 1 converter, and she installed one T-2 converter. She will still require a T-1 right?

Re: Fed vehicle 95 or older

none
YES. The only way I would pass that would be with a T-1.

Re: Fed vehicle 95 or older

smog man
Since it's a Fed vehicle, and it only came from the factory with one Cat. Then it should be fine with one T-2 approved Cat, from the list. Since the list is for CA. certified vehicles, it's not going to show the correct T#, for FED. vehicles. Or you can just send them to the Referee, and they will just slap a BAR Label on it.

Re: Fed vehicle 95 or older

YES. The only way I would pass that would be with a T-1.
I agree with none.

Edit: https://www.bar.ca.gov/PubWebQuery/EtBlast/PrintMsg.aspx?QryMessageKey=34105

The cat has to fall within the correct vehicle category, either PC-1, PC-2, T-1, or T-2

If you have to follow that rule for Pre-OBDII vehicles, wouldn't one think that a Federal (edit) OBDI or OBDII vehicle would have to follow the same convention?

Re: Fed vehicle 95 or older

Lose weight
Before the smog test she mentioned that her Rodeo has  a "missing a converter but the referee Ok'd it and put a BAR label on the hood.'' There was no label for it and only had one converter D-280-93 so I failed it and told her to go to referee to sort it out.

Re: Fed vehicle 95 or older

Kevin
I would have sent them to the ref, if tou smog it and the next guy fails it. Guess what tou get the ding on your score. Dont do it just send to the ref

Re: Fed vehicle 95 or older

Fail or reject under my watch.  None of that "ref sed" nonsense without durable proof posted on the vehicle.