Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

GrossPolluter
2005 Ford Explorer Rear wheel drive with AdvanceTrac, Can these be dyno'd? The MOTOR book says it can and the underhood label does not mention anything about I/M testing or can not be I/M tested. We tried to disengage it by turning the button OFF but the Traction feels like it still activated.

Re: Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

Mike
I usually lower the dyno and spin the wheels before the test if I get a car I have doubts about.
I've usually been able to test any explorer as long as it's not a 4by4
Mike
CalSmogTech.com

Re: Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

Raymond323
Can not be tested on dyno. I always do Tsi

Re: Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

reactor
I believe you have to force it above 25MPH- then TC will turn off. You can do it when centering the car on the dyno, usually have to go full throttle. I do newer GM trucks the same way.

Re: Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

smogtech19
AdvanceTrac is a TSI test the ones with the 4wd sport trac can be dyno

Re: Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

You are suppose to hold the traction control button for few seconds.

Re: Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

K20SI
i wont do a tsi just because i cant disable i have to find something on paper so i could staple it to the invoice to cover my back    some people just do it

Re: Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

GrossPolluter
The traction system grabs right away though. There is no way we could've taken it up over 7mph, the rear wheels would shake aggressively.

We tried holding the button down for a few seconds, still it would not deactivate. The light would show OFF but we did not hear a beep. Our Motor ECS book says to test it ASM, we had to let the customer go cuz we didn't want to get screwed for it.

Re: Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

Jones

Re: Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

justa
Banned User

Re: Ford Explorer ADvanceTrac dyno?

kfworry
Lets face it, we will not get questioned by the BAR "police" whether we do an ASM or TSI
on questionable vehicles with Traction control and or Advanced Trac systems.
BTW, They are not scoring us on those issues.