Forgetting your customers

drivecycle
I get a lot of repeat customers who come in the shop and greet me like they're really glad to see me again.

Its obvious that they have been here before and know me but a lot of times I don't remember them at all not even their name. I dont have a bad memory. There's just so many customers that I cant remember them all.

But its kind of embarassing when it happens. I just fake it and pretend that I know them.

How do you handle it when you forget who your customers are? Pretend or be honest and tell them you don't remember them?

Re: Forgetting your customers

D Rochells 150861
Just be honest. Or if you want to be a wizard get Mitchel Manager, start typing the license plate in as soon as you see it and it will pop up the customers info. You can have the invoice printed by the time they get to the desk.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Forgetting your customers

Don't let ANY customer know you forgot they are repeat customers.
Play along with them. I have good facial recognition even though
I cannot remember ALL their names.
I always respond by saying "it is nice or good to see you again".
My late father was the Actress Betty White's Veterinarian.
My father taught me how to interact with people in the
personal or professional world.
Never ever get personal with ANY customer.
You don't have to like them, treat them with common courtesy.
Food For Thought

Re: Forgetting your customers

deathbysmog
I fake it almost every day, i like the one's who call and ask if i remember there blue corolla.

Re: Forgetting your customers

Kevin
There's just too many customers to remember them often what triggers my memory is I remember the car before I remember them. We spend a lot more time with the car then we do with them. If I see someone coming in and I'm at my desk I'd try of the enter their plate into the service software so that my time they get in the office I have at least their 1st name available to me. Yes there certain customers that you will always remember either because you strike up a friendship or you have common interests. Always be professional always treat them with respect and thank them before their return visit.

Re: Forgetting your customers

deathbysmog wrote
I fake it almost every day, i like the one's who call and ask if i remember there blue corolla.
SAME HERE.

Re: Forgetting your customers

Best Answer I Can Give
 Fake it till you can look at the bottom of the renewal notice.

Re: Forgetting your customers

SoCaL92626
That's a good problem! The software I use allows me to look up a vehicle by its license plate and when they walk in I greet them by their name; they are instantly impressed.