Found me a technician!

Able
Finally after 2 months....i got a great guy! At least the interview went well.

Now I looked up payroll.....and it's a jungle. No idea what to do....i saw an ad for payroll services that cost $30 a month.

But I will only have one employee. I think I can handle it myself. IRS papers are not easy to read. They have seminar tutorials for new employers....but they don't make them simple.

Now I understand why shops 1099 their technicians.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Re: Found me a technician!

Kriss Vector

Re: Found me a technician!

Best Answer I Can Give
 Any shop that does less than 20 a day does not need a service writer.
For years when I was young, one guy, paper invoice, and do a easy 20 and still work full time at the city.

 You fill out the "NEEDED" by the BAR stuff on the paperwork. Hand the invoice on a clip board to the car owner, Do the check while they a doing their part.

 I LIKE computer invoices. Trouble is you need some one to do them while you could be doing the check. Paper takes that problem away.

 Now to answer the question. Wife uses Pay Checks. 5 minute phone call every two weeks. Go by and pick up the paperwork\Check.
If you go with Direct Deposit, then you go by once in a while just to pick up paperwork. I don't know but I bet they will mail to you.

Re: Found me a technician!

some banks offer payroll services, old boss of mine would call in payroll hours for the week on thursday checks would arrive by Friday through  fedex, if he was late he would just call in to bank they would tell him the amount to write in, minus taxes and with holdings. bank would just need name and social of employees. i belive it was wells fargo. i have union bank i sometimes get offers for payroll services. id check with your bank 1st.

Re: Found me a technician!

none
Banks aren't cheap though and I doubt would be less than $30/month. Do you have an accounting program? Many of those can figure deductions and print checks. We use AME software. http://www.amesoftware.com/

Re: Found me a technician!

Peter
The best is quickbook payroll with costco. They average about $50 a month. Take about 5 minutes of my time once a month for my 5 employees.

Re: Found me a technician!

Able
Kriss Vector wrote
You got rid of your service writer/helper?
Still have him. Very useful guy.

Re: Found me a technician!

Able
Banks aren't cheap though and I doubt would be less than $30/month. Do you have an accounting program? Many of those can figure deductions and print checks. We use AME software. http://www.amesoftware.com/
Looks pretty to me. Imma look at a few before I decide.

Thanks

My tax guy does payroll. Imma give him a call to see how it goes.