Friday Car Quiz

My Name is Nobody
 Name this car and name this engine.

I know this is tough but give it a shot anyway.  At least you could get one out of the twoHDR.jpg

Re: Friday Car Quiz

scanner
My Name is Nobody wrote
Name this car and name this engine.

I know this is tough but give it a shot anyway.  At least you could get one out of the twoHDR.jpg

Maybe just the engine.   I'll say 2V Carbureted  2.3L with Thermactor and EGR.   Possibly from a Pinto or Mustang.

I have no idea what it's stuffed into.

Re: Friday Car Quiz

defective
Ford Model A with 2.3 Lima 4 cylinder?

Re: Friday Car Quiz

defective
Wait, youre doing an evap test, so it must be some kit car.

Re: Friday Car Quiz

defective

Re: Friday Car Quiz

Why not just check the referee label?

Re: Friday Car Quiz

My Name is Nobody
Two points for you and one point for scanner.  You guys are good!

Yes it has BAR label.

Re: Friday Car Quiz

Re: Friday Car Quiz

You guys are welcome to laugh at me.  Here's my home-grown version of the same idea.  I bought the '62 Ranchero 25 years ago for $75, and drove it for a few weeks before deciding that it needed a serious upgrade.  The floor was rotted out, the suspension was worn out, the heater didn't work, and the 170 inch I6 with three-on-the-tree weren't to my liking.  I sold the engine and transmission, and started prepping a 260 inch V8, but progress stalled for various reasons.  I really liked the little turd bucket though, so I hung onto it.

Fast-forward to 2009 ... a friend of mine with a tow yard GAVE me a running '85 fuel injected 2.3L Ranger, with several mechanical and paperwork issues.  What resulted was a brief whirlwind of activity, lasting a few months before stalling again.

If I am able to complete it while gasoline is still being sold to the general public, it will be my daily driver.  It will look very much like a Ranchero, but the only original moving parts remaining will be the tail-gate, the doors, the glove box, the hood, ... and the vacuum wipers!

Re: Friday Car Quiz

1bbroygb
Wait a second, is this the "biggest non smog automotive mistake you have made" thread?

:)

Re: Friday Car Quiz

Troll
ha ha ha ha ha.   u said its ok to laugh.   R u fucking nuts?- look at that wreck.
I guess I can't see the finished look.
I cant even see my own dick under my gut for that matter,(well almost maybe)
go ahead- your turn to laugh.

Re: Friday Car Quiz

Karupt
Condescending , your too hard on yourself (pun not intended),you are an honest hardworking , contiributing member of society .
  Yeah BARRy , i guess you and that 62 go back a long way .It is a little square looking for a Ranchero no ? Anyway keep plugging away at it ,cant' wait to see the finished product

Re: Friday Car Quiz

Johnnybeme wrote
Why not just check the referee label?

JM
They don't need a referee label though. They have a factory EPA label on them and are NOT a kit car. I have three of those stupid SHAYs that come here. One of them was sent to the referee at one point and has a BAR label right by the factory "under-hood label"

Re: Friday Car Quiz

This is a cleaner version of how it looked in 1991:

This is my target "look":

One of the problems is the front ride height.  I'm gonna have to drop it a couple of inches with custom ball joints and cut coils.  If I just cut the coils, the twin I-beams are going to give me too much negative camber.

Re: Friday Car Quiz

fartvalve
That's a cool project! Why not just ditch the ibeams all together?
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: Friday Car Quiz

that was a purtty looking truck ! i have confidence that you will have it done at years end !

Re: Friday Car Quiz

fartvalve wrote
That's a cool project! Why not just ditch the ibeams all together?
I'm on a very strict budget.  So far I have invested $75 and about 75 hours, spread over 25 years.  I will freshen up the engine, brakes, and suspension, but only with the absolute minimum expenditure to make it safe and reliable.  It will probably never get painted, but I'll do my best to get it relatively straight and primed.  It needs tires really bad too.

It's too bad that I don't live in Socal, or my wife would have probably gotten it on "Overhaulin'" by now ... Chip Foose would never let me go without at least a fancy paint job and a 5.0L though ...

Re: Friday Car Quiz

Karupt wrote
... i have confidence that you will have it done at years end !
I can picture it now ... I finish my front porch and re-roof the entire front side of my house, apply for and pass my Brake & Lamp test, I don't tell my boss I passed because I don't want to attract any more hoopties than we already attract, I use my B&L license on my resumé with my ASE master and CpE bachelor's degree, I re-apply for the PR1 job in Rancho Cordova, I get interviewed and hired in record time, I fix up my Ranchero, register it, and then drive it to my cool new air-conditioned job.

... Well ... maybe my old stray meteorite theory is a bit more likely ... I think I'll just concentrate on the house and the B&L cert., and leave the rest for next year.

Re: Friday Car Quiz

fartvalve
Ahh, I see. I'm in the same predicament with my 73 Chevy truck. I spent my money on the engine and frame. All new..... And Undrivable
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: Friday Car Quiz

Just the Facts