Functional tests: Ignition timing, fuel cap.

Functional tests: Ignition timing, fuel cap.

GrossPolluter
Functional Tests, What year models are we suppose to check timing and fuel cap pressure test? I think I know the correct answer from what I have learned but I want to know how many techs today know.

Re: Functional tests: Ignition timing, fuel cap.

Centralized Smog
2000 and newer do not require fuel cap check. Model year does not matter for timing check.

When the Dad units come into play later this year, then it will be different.

Re: Functional tests: Ignition timing, fuel cap.

Karupt
I agree with Centralized.