GAS CARS BAN 2035

No One
Is this even legal to do?

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

laziiee
Just saw that article too, 15 years til we hang up the smog license boys, time to get out lol.

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

2002
link?

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

2002
Bro, they aren't banning gas cars. Just says NEW cars will not be sold in california if they are gas. Only electric NEW cars will be sold at dealers ect...

Gas cars will still be around and used gas car sales will still be around <quote author="2002">
link?

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

No One
sorry, i wasnt trying to mislead anyone. But the sale of new gas cars will be banned.

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

thepollutants
Too little, too late. Sales of new ICE cars should have been banned a long time ago.

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

none
I like how he kept calling them "ZERO EMISSIONS" cars. Where does he think the electricity comes from?

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

user7112
Man i'm still smogging cars from the 80's
when 2035 comes around we''ll be barely testing cars from 2025 lol

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

BasicTech678
user7112 wrote
Man i'm still smogging cars from the 80's
when 2035 comes around we''ll be barely testing cars from 2025 lol
bingo plus he will be gone by the time it even gets close someone will quietly kill this off

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

thepollutants
The sun, nuclear reactors, hydrogen fuel cells. All zero emissions.

A real shame old people are too stupid and scientifically illiterate to understand a zero emissions economy is achievable.

The only hope is to wait for old people to die because they're dragging the younger generations down with them.

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

444O444
what car do you drive "thepollutants"?

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

thepollutants wrote
The sun, nuclear reactors, hydrogen fuel cells. All zero emissions.

A real shame old people are too stupid and scientifically illiterate to understand a zero emissions economy is achievable.

The only hope is to wait for old people to die because they're dragging the younger generations down with them.
Blaming boomers for your first world problems is what (((they))) want you to do.

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

thepollutants wrote
The sun, nuclear reactors, hydrogen fuel cells. All zero emissions.
Fuel cell is just an energy storage device like a battery. It takes more energy to separate the the hydrogen than you get from it.

Solar will not keep up anywhere to the demand of everyone driving electric cars and photovoltaic solar panels don't last long enough and have "EMISSIONS" in the manufacturing of them and the recycling.

Nuclear has "EMISSIONS" in the mining and refining plus you have the radioactive waste from the power generation and a huge amount when a power plant is decommissioned.

Wind is one of the cheapest but the way wind pulses and isn't a steady load it is very hard on the equipment that must continually be replaced and that has "EMISSION" also.

Even your bicycle is not "ZERO EMISSIONS" because of manufacturing and wear items like tires put particulates into the air.

Hydro electric is very efficient with the least wear but we haven't built a new dam in years and I personally don't want anymore dams built.

Tidal has big hopes but salt water and sea life are hard on equipment.

Co-gen from waste water treatment sounds good on paper but human waste is way too corrosive and every plant that tries it ends up burning off the methane and running the plant on natural gas because it isn't cost effective.

I think that the big push right now should be more HYBRIDS with the government fleet leading the way. The technology and fueling infrastructure is there. Why does my mail carrier still drive an out-dated AM General mail car that stop at my shop, start up, drive 40 ft and shut off again, and continue that 5 times just on my block? UPS has tested hybrid trucks and they could move them around inside the warehouse without ever starting the IC engines. It seemed like it would be a great fit for all their stop and start driving but they dropped it.

I also say change the way we drive. get rid of stop signs, traffic lights, and toll booths. keep the vehicles(weight) moving. make better public transportation and ,at least around here, better car pool lanes. Also lets build some tunnels trough the mountains rather than having a semi truck effectively lift 80,000 lbs up and over the sierra passes.

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

WealdstoneRaider
444O444 wrote
what car do you drive "thepollutants"?
He's zero emissions besides methane https://heelys.com/collections/boys/products/pro-20-prints-7
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: GAS CARS BAN 2035

dcf1ver
thepollutants wrote
The sun, nuclear reactors, hydrogen fuel cells. All zero emissions.

A real shame old people are too stupid and scientifically illiterate to understand a zero emissions economy is achievable.

The only hope is to wait for old people to die because they're dragging the younger generations down with them.
The real shame is that young people are too stupid and "scientifically illiterate" to understand what they are writing about these days.....