GEN 3 HC Hang up/auto zero

Able
Happening more often then not now. Not sure if weather condition has anything to do with it.

For the past few months, randomly GEN 3 would force a HC Hang up/Auto Zero before I can perform a smog. Anybody experience similar?

Its no biggy, just takes up 120 seconds extra of my time but everything goes through.

Re: GEN 3 HC Hang up/auto zero

WealdstoneRaider
Check the little filters in the back periodically. Also check that water isn't coming in from the purge air supply line.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: GEN 3 HC Hang up/auto zero

I usually get that when the probe is picking up fumes from the car. It usually keeps the hang up part going until I move the probe away.

Re: GEN 3 HC Hang up/auto zero

805smogtech
Get it at random times, usually for less than 10 seconds though. and i always hope that its not because the bench went out or is on its way out. last time it went out it gave no warning, and i sat there for like 5 minutes and waited for this HC hangup to clear, and it never did. aborted the test, went to manual mode and the readings were off the charts wrong. called up the service tech to bring me a new bench but it still sucks being down for a week or more while they get someone out to see why.

Re: GEN 3 HC Hang up/auto zero

kfworry
Able:
I get HC Hang Up message frequently.
Sometimes it's a few seconds or a few minutes.

Re: GEN 3 HC Hang up/auto zero

Samy
I get that also if the probe is inside the garbage can.

Re: GEN 3 HC Hang up/auto zero

Nearby methane emissions could also be a contributing factor.

Re: GEN 3 HC Hang up/auto zero

Best Answer I Can Give
 Make it simple Mr. Barry. Stop FARTING around the probe.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: GEN 3 HC Hang up/auto zero

Troll
Or check for invisible PR1's in immediate area

Re: GEN 3 HC Hang up/auto zero

change the filter

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 11:03 AM Able [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Happening more often then not now. Not sure if weather condition has anything to do with it.

For the past few months, randomly GEN 3 would force a HC Hang up/Auto Zero before I can perform a smog. Anybody experience similar?

Its no biggy, just takes up 120 seconds extra of my time but everything goes through.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/GEN-3-HC-Hang-up-auto-zero-tp5078661.html

Kevin Casillas