GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

defective
Any GEN 3 users get this yet?  Wont pass gas cap tester cal even with pass/fail caps.  No leaks that I can detect in the hose/couplers/adapters.  Waiting on Opus now...

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

Best Answer I Can Give
 When the State guy was out here and then the 2 Opus guys were here, ALL 3 Stressed that you follow the prompts on the machine to the LETTER.
Now I don't have the caps I have the tester itself, the one where you need to change the valve. But when it tells you to disconnect the tester DO IT. All 3 Stressed that. So maybe this will help.

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/For-all-the-shops-with-new-ESP-BAR-97-machines-tp5059860p5059875.html
 The ESP tech gave me a hand-held pass/fail cap simulator, and my issue was resolved.

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

Defective, If you are still using test caps I would bet they are the problem.

Best Answer I Can Give wrote
I have the little tester and I never disconnect mine and it still passes every time.

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

defective
Used the "simulator initially.  Prompts were followed.  After the second try, it says to "verify" and prompts the use of the master pass/fail caps.  Tried it again with the "simulator" and it still fails.

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

Lose weight
Mine used to do it but not anymore. I have 2 sets of the pass/fail caps and when it did fail I use the other caps and it passed. Both sets of caps are new btw not sure if this is a glitch problem with the unit.

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

Able
Simulator
Simulator
Simulator

Passed every time for me.

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

mikesmobile
Using gen 3. test green cap first and watch the screen when the screen tells you to remove the cap you have to remove the cap.
Then test the red cap and watch the screen, when the screen tells you to remove the red cap you have to remove it.
Then it should work.
There is a software fix for this too which needs to be done first.
Mike

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

defective
Looks like Im stuck waiting on the service tech to get down here....

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

kfworry
Gentlemen, the ESP/OPUS service technician has had A LOT of service calls
for Failing Gas Cap Calibration on the "new" Gen 3.
The service tech replaced what is called the "Gas Cap Assembly" this morning.
I have called ESP/OPUS Corporate Headquarters asking to speak with someone
regarding the Gas Cap Calibration problems.
I am waiting for someone from corporate to return my call. When they do I am
going to Voice My Displeasure regarding the Gen 3 problems.
This is NOT acceptable in my world and I am sure many of you will agree with me.
If a Class Action Lawsuit needs to be started, I will start one.

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

kfworry
These problems are causing service calls to pile up at a time when
shops are waiting to get the "new" Gen 3 assembled and on-line.
TOTAL BS!!!!

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

Best Answer I Can Give
 Class Action? Should be done thru E Mail.

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

Able wrote
Simulator
Simulator
Simulator

Passed every time for me.
Simulator? As in your thumb/finger?

 Or are you referring to a Stim U Late HER?

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

defective
ESP guy ended up replacing the cap tester module.  We'll see how long this lasts...

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

Just the Facts

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

That's exactly it, JTF.

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

D Rochells 150861
Looks like a stimulator.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

tampered
I call it the vasectomy stick.
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: GEN 3 fuel cap calibration failed

A2StopSmog
Count me in for the law Lawsuit!
This company is a disaster.
I have a business loss of about $3,000 until today because of downtime of the Gen3 analyzer since its delivery in April 2017.
The worst thing is their customer service dispatch. They can’t or won’t give you an approximate schedule of technician arrival on site!! Ridiculous and not seen again in the trade.
12