Garage Rehab "Pass or Don't Pay"

tampered
I'm watching one of my favorite shows on Discovery Channel featuring one of my heros: Richard Rawlings.

He's working with a smog shop owner and telling him about a great business model: Pass or don't pay.

There is no God, or at least if there is, it sure as fuck ain't Richard Rawlings!
If you are going to be part of the drug culture, have a little drug culture.

Re: Garage Rehab "Pass or Don't Pay"

corsakev
he also said on 1 bar97 you could do like 50 smogs a day good luck

Re: Garage Rehab "Pass or Don't Pay"

I'll do a no pass  no pay. I am very selective, no discounts-full pop, pre screen,visual,current registration, timing, check vehicle history.I reject a shit load, and roll the dice. All the above takes around 5 minutes.  I do like the full pop$$ when passes. When fail- thanks, have a nice day-bye.

Re: Garage Rehab "Pass or Don't Pay"

 Who the HELL is Richard Rawlings? Who the HELL is Martha Stewart? Who the Hell is Bob Allen? (Shooting)

 Who makes these people GOD?

 He's a Huckster, A flim flam man. He's a Jim and Tammy Fay of the Auto believes. He's a PROMOTER. HE promotes HIMSELF And done a damn good job of it. PEOPLE ARE STUPID. Aaron was the nuts and bolts of the show.

Re: Garage Rehab "Pass or Don't Pay"

Voltron
corsakev wrote
he also said on 1 bar97 you could do like 50 smogs a day good luck
it can be done

Re: Garage Rehab "Pass or Don't Pay"

SoCalSmogGuy
I saw the same episode and it definitely had me scratching my head. The shop he is "re-habbing" is next to a DMV along with another 5-7 competing smog shops.

When he said "free smog" it became evident he didn't understand the California smog inspection procedure. Richard Rawlings is a businessman / car enthusiast. He doesn't have in-depth California smog knowledge.

It was funny seeing ESP (Opus) installing the Gen 3 tho.

Gen 2 was the best machine I have used.
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: Garage Rehab "Pass or Don't Pay"

D Rochells 150861
It's really sad that no one outside of the techs and owners has any idea what the hell really goes on and what it takes to make enough money to survive and not get citations at the same time.

I was at a citation hearing and the bar rep suggested that good shops employ 2 techs at all times to double check each others smogs, and that owners have to go through every invoice to search for cleaning activity.

I hope Rawlings told him to do illegal smogs until he gets caught, pay fine and open in a new location under a new name. That's the 1 trick Bar does not want you to know about but is the most successful smog business model.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Garage Rehab "Pass or Don't Pay"

Iconcur
yeah ok 6 months ago when I was opening my shop opus said a 3or4 month wait time and he gets it in like 3 days I call bullshit. and rawlings said 175k for his time and services wtf. besides that since he is a promoter I decided to take a look at their online presence and I guess I can learn a thing or two. overall I agree with shop clutter however my shop is about 1800 SF and that guys shop I think is about 5500 SF so I cant compare what do you guys think overall how the owner could have saved himself?

Re: Garage Rehab "Pass or Don't Pay"

Best Answer I Can Give
 It's simple. Would a mother with kids walk into your shop? Think like that woman, and her "poor precious babies" Take out all conman sense, and look at the shop. My poor baby may get hurt. YOU JUST LOST MONEY.

You made a statement once about the Disneyland model. That stuck with me. My shop is far from it but I pick up every scrap of trash and repaint anything pealing. The waiting room is swept and trash dumped every night. The clutter is getting bad right now in here but I will clean it up again and hide my junk in side rooms.

Re: Garage Rehab "Pass or Don't Pay"

Best Answer I Can Give
 One of the first thing I read. It stuck with me and made 100% sense.
A low life will walk in anywhere. A person with class will not walk into a dump.