Gen 3 diagnostic tool help

Able
Can someone shed some light on how to use the scan tool on the gen 3? I'm paying $500 a month on it, might as well use it more.

My main question is how to use the scan tool to diagnose CAT and o2 sensor.

I use it to verify vin in some situations and sometimes readniess monitors. Other than that it's all for ASM testing.

I know manual mode can read some emissions and help with some prescreening and pretesting.

Thanks

Re: Gen 3 diagnostic tool help

The ESP Gen-3 scan software is pretty lame.  I only use it to obtain hard copies of DTCs and monitors for the work orders.  Diagnosing requires more functionality than it (or the A+ OIS software) can provide, IMNSHO.

Re: Gen 3 diagnostic tool help

D Rochells 150861
Theres actually a lot of interesting stuff on there, it's interface is lame though. Its sad that BAR didn't let it determine obd cert by itself during the test.

Also, its basically what BAR receives from the OIS. Which is helpful to know sometimes.

Curiously, it names protocols correctly. OIS and the drewtech helper, maybe A+ too, use some slightly correct gibberish to name protocols that annoys me. SAE and ISO define things so we call be on the same page for a reason.

19140808 or I9140808 does not exist yet BAR uses it as evidence to cite techs.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Gen 3 diagnostic tool help

Troll
why would u want to know if your test only?,and absentee.

Re: Gen 3 diagnostic tool help

D Rochells 150861
Sometimes you get accused of fraud and they seek to revoke your license.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!