Gen 3

bayareasmog
Everyones machine in my city and the city next to mine is down. Opus hasn't sent out anyone since i made a service call Thursday. People are leaving here pretty pissed that they have been to a bunch of shops and everyones machine is down. I hope they call BAR and give them problems about this  new machine and the ridiculous service we have to put up with.

Re: Gen 3

kfworry
You are right. The ESP/OPUS Gen 3 is a Piece Of Garbage.
I have had three Nox Cells replaced under warranty since I started
using it in June 2017.
A shop nearby has problems with the Hard Drive in his ESP/OPUS Gen 3.
BAR approved these pieces of garbage without a lot of "hard core" testing
in the "real world".
If I had millions of dollars, I would file a lawsuit against Jerry Brown,
the state BAR and ESP/OPUS.

Re: Gen 3

Best Answer I Can Give
 The answer will be one of two. You don't like this speed, you sure as hell are not going to like our next one. Or, Don't like it, call WW and see what that gets you.

Re: Gen 3

bayareasmog wrote
 People are leaving here pretty pissed that they have been to a bunch of shops and everyones machine is down.
 Machine is down is code word for I don't want to smog your clunker.
Exercise and dividends,dividends, DIVIDENDS.

Re: Gen 3

Best Answer:
May I ask if you have the ESP/OPUS Gen-3 or the World Wide Gen-3 ??
Thank you in advance you for your feedback.

Re: Gen 3

kfworry wrote
You are right. The ESP/OPUS Gen 3 is a Piece Of Garbage.
I've only been using mine for a couple of months.  It's been working flawlessly.

The only complaint I have with it is that every time you want to do a manual loaded mode test, it asks you for an RPM signal.

I came from a SnapOn/Sun platform, which had very few problems. It had problems at the beginning, but for the majority of the 20 years I used it, it was a very reliable machine.   It was very easy to setup for loaded mode testing, and it had built in OBDII Drive Cycles.

I suppose it's just going to take a while before I'm comfortable fixing tailpipe emission failures with the ESP Gen3.

Re: Gen 3

Best Answer I Can Give
 OPUS, and it has been good to me.

 The problem with only have two to provide equipment.  WW goes F you it's not worth the problem, what can Opus then do?????????????

 Opus and WW have the State by the short hairs.

Re: Gen 3

bangla
Sorry to hear that, I've been using the Opus gen3 machine since April or May and so far no problems at all, it has not failed any calibration, zero service calls and the calibration gas bottles are the same that came with the machine and still going. I don't know why a lot of you are having problems maybe they got a bad batch of parts? Business is slow anyway so this makes things even worse. Hope they fix it quickly

Re: Gen 3

gambit620
what city are you in the bay?

I used to have world wide 5000 and I had to wait several months before they come out. World wide always have a very good excuses on why it take them so long.
"we are short on tech"
"only one tech is cover the whole valley"
my favorite one, " you don't have a service contract so we will get to the one who does before you

this year, my shop couldn't do 1999 from April to November thanks to world wide! I lost so many customers during that time.  We purchased the world wide eis5000 about 6 years ago and paid closed to 40k, including interests. This is not including lost of customers and good will/reputation (smog machine always down).

I recently got my gen3 and I m so glad I waited several months for it. the smog is a lot faster and no more TAMPER lock out for no reason.  and the best part of all is I don't have to deal with WORLD WIDE ENVIRNMONTAL employees.

Re: Gen 3

I had the repair guy in for my shop the other day and he said they're down to service Tech so that might explain the slow we pair response time

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018, 8:51 AM bayareasmog [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email] wrote:
Everyones machine in my city and the city next to mine is down. Opus hasn't sent out anyone since i made a service call Thursday. People are leaving here pretty pissed that they have been to a bunch of shops and everyones machine is down. I hope they call BAR and give them problems about this  new machine and the ridiculous service we have to put up with.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Gen-3-tp5070436.html

Re: Gen 3

bayareasmog
We are still waiting for him. It's been almost a week. I wonder if we can get some money back from out monthly payment.

Re: Gen 3

Best Answer I Can Give
 It's the IDIOTS that waited till the LAST day to order new machines. They are busy installing them.

 That's what my guy told me. Don't have time for service calls.
The service calls should be first. YOU WAITED YOU CAN WAIT SOME MORE!

Re: Gen 3

bayareasmog
finally arrived today. said hes been backed up since friday.

Re: Gen 3

Re: Gen 3

This right here. And im down to smog their clunker, but they are never willing to pay.

Re: Gen 3

Re: Gen 3

gen 3 is still garbage.