Gen3 purchase price?

drivecycle
Is it worth it to buy it vs. renting? What is the purchase price?

Re: Gen3 purchase price?

BayAreaSmogTech
I forgot the price but it took ~5 years to own it. Then you're still stuck buying the service contract. Leasing price includes service contract.

Re: Gen3 purchase price?

drivecycle wrote
Is it worth it to buy it vs. renting? What is the purchase price?
gen 3 is 16-18k with 1 year service contract which is a joke

so after a year you got your monthly payment of 350-400 plus service contract 200-260 over 600

i went with ww 21k including financing 5 year warranty included. it will be payed off in 3 years by the time the 5 year warranty is up i wont renew the service contract just. it would of payed its self off 2 times by then you should be able to afford a repair by then. service contract is around 200-260ish monthly i believe

Re: Gen3 purchase price?

drivecycle wrote
Is it worth it to buy it vs. renting? What is the purchase price?
How long do you want to be in the game? I paid $15,000. Break even is 3 years without a service contract.

The service contract is $325/month. I don't have one because I don't use it as hard as I did before and will just pay out of pocket when it needs repair.

Re: Gen3 purchase price?

drivecycle wrote
Is it worth it to buy it vs. renting? What is the purchase price?
How long do you want to be in the game? I paid $15,000. Break even is 3 years without a service contract.

The service contract is $325/month. I don't have one because I don't use it as hard as I did before and will just pay out of pocket when it needs repair.
congrats, i went with ww only because of the 5 year warranty other than that i would of taken esp, both the same POS in my opinion.

oh shit almost forgot WW is will work with both EVAP testers.

ESP only works with WAEKON even though they service both of them i belive the bought delphi but i could be wrong

Re: Gen3 purchase price?

BasicTech678 wrote
ESP only works with WAEKON even though they service both of them i belive the bought delphi but i could be wrong
My Waekon is completely independent.  It has no physical connection whatsoever (yet) with my ESP Gen 3.

Re: Gen3 purchase price?

BasicTech678
barrym95838 wrote
BasicTech678 wrote
ESP only works with WAEKON even though they service both of them i belive the bought delphi but i could be wrong
My Waekon is completely independent.  It has no physical connection whatsoever (yet) with my ESP Gen 3.

yea i know which is bs because that was one of the original "UPDATES" for the new machine. but esp made it clear they would not be compatible with delphi and i would have to purchase a new evap machine separately

Re: Gen3 purchase price?

Best Answer I Can Give
 My understanding is, That is why we don't have the new machine. Law Suit because the Delphi will not work with the Opus, yet they own the rights to the Delphi machine. RUMOR.

Re: Gen3 purchase price?

drivecycle
how did you guys finance it? through your bank or Opus? interest rate?

Re: Gen3 purchase price?

Best Answer I Can Give
 When all is said and done, add one more thing. I rented mine.
By the time I got done with all the other BS looked at what my time and worry was worth. It goes down I make a phone call.
I also offer my repair guy lunch, or a snack. He just will say a water is good enough. But I also try to make his visit as short and nice a possible.

Re: Gen3 purchase price?

drivecycle wrote
how did you guys finance it? through your bank or Opus? interest rate?
I cashed out CDs that were not tied to my IRA and were earning very little interest. If I had to finance it I don't think I would purchase.