Good price compared to retail- Yay or nay?

Good price compared to retail- Yay or nay?

Lose weight
Hopefully it's not registered stolen when getting the yearly update off the tool truck huehuehttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Matco-Tools-Maximus-2-0-Scanner-with-Docking-Station-Case-Adapters/292929731289?epid=932286514&hash=item4433f8fad9:g:OqQAAOSw6IdcR0vL:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Re: Good price compared to retail- Yay or nay?

none
How much are the yearly updates for the Matco scan tool?

There used to be a list on BAR's website that listed all the approved scan tools but I can't find it anymore. I would rather get a second (cheaper to update) scan tool than keep updating my Snap On. It would be current enough for anything I will work on for years.

Re: Good price compared to retail- Yay or nay?

I had my MS908P stolen last year.   Autel said they will shut it off if anyone tries to update it online.   I have no idea what the thieves are using the scanner for.   I guess they're watching videos, and listening to music.   Autel says it hasn't been online.

I replaced it with a MS906BT, and it does all that the 908 did except provide a way to flash a processor.   It's the about the same price as the eBay scanner, but from AESwave, you know it's a legit US device.   You get one off of eBay or Amazon, you might be getting a Chinese market scanner, and you have to deal with China to update your scanner.

https://www.aeswave.com/Autel-MaxiSYS-MS906BT-Scan-Tablet-with-1-yr-Updates-and-Warranty-p9633.html

Re: Good price compared to retail- Yay or nay?

none
That seems pretty good for the coverage and the $600 annual update includes the years warranty also. They also don't charge more or penalize you if you haven't updated the previous year like Snap On does.

Re: Good price compared to retail- Yay or nay?

Nice I might just buy that one instead.

Re: Good price compared to retail- Yay or nay?

They're a great tool it's nothing more than a rebranded watch tablet and they still offer a great support for the tool

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Good-price-compared-to-retail-Yay-or-nay-tp5071847.html