Good to hear that it is just not us.

Best Answer I Can Give
 CAT just got nailed for putting parts on rail cars that were not needed.
 One of their divisions was doing service work on the rail cars coming out of the Port of LA. Putting parts on when they were not worn out. Throwing the parts in the ocean. The report said it was Stupid Visors trying to bring up the bottom line.

 You know I know some shop's that push it. But just out right cheap? I know of none.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Good to hear that it is just not us.

On a different note, but with the same subject heading:

I have heard from a reliable but anonymous source that members at the "brain-trust" in BAR engineering are "hard at work" putting the finishing touches on their (not yet officially named) "report card" system for smog instructors.  I wasn't told what will be in the "short-term" measures, but there will definitely be a "long-term" measure that is based solely on the "performance" of the students who were passed through their classes.  If a former student gets a citation or conviction, the last instructor who passed the student allegedly gets a ding on his/her "Follow-up Citation Rate", or FuCR.

Maybe some of the instructors will be pre-screening their students in the near future.

Re: Good to hear that it is just not us.

WOW, baby steps, maybe in a generation they will realize they are the ones who need an FPR. Unless maybe they already have it and that is why I have a bullshit fraud case ongoing. These OIS cases overloaded the AGs and courts and that is why they turned on the cert blocker.

Also, we once got in trouble for dumping the brake lathe dust near a tree, the tree died. As the city inspector was writing us up, he tripped over some broken pavement. I refrained from issuing the city a citation as he was not seriously injured.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Good to hear that it is just not us.

 Mr Barry95838, kind of gets my point that I have been trying to get across all along. WE ARE NOT 100% to BLAME!

 Sheri and her STAR system. Yes the law said we need some sort of system, But sure not this Fucked up system.
STAR has put such a burden on the legal system. They want to take away your STAR till after the appeal is over, that violates your right given to you by the founding father's, and then never go to a formal appeal, because they KNOW that thru the legal system STAR will be thrown out. How many cases are on backlog?

 Sheri let any mouth breather get a license. Now look at the problem that has started. Rather than try to fix a problem they make another.

 Mom's always tell the kids, "Don't tell a lie, because then you have to tell another lie to cover that lie."

 Micheal's thing above. Who has the say on if what is being taught is right? Who teaches the teacher? Plus who says that person has it right?

 When I see a Mom paying for a check because the flake kid, I think to myself, who should get the beating, the kid for not doing what he should, or the parent for letting the kid do what they do?

 Rather than face the truth, rather than face the a PAIN, we mask it. Make God like rules, take a pill to cover the pain.
Got a shot in my SORE knee. Covered the pain. TORE IT UP MORE.  Masking, Covering up only makes the problem worse.

 The answer is?TALK TO US. LISTEN TO US. several people on this site can be fair and honest. Not afraid to say how the system could use some HELP. FRESH IDIOTS. Hell we can't do any worse than the present program.

If a student drops the class, is that an abort?  Did I already do this bit?  Sorry!
If everyone fixed their own cars, my car would be fixed.

Re: Good to hear that it is just not us.

Best Answer I Can Give
 So the student drops the class. Is that not a reflection on the whole system?
Why is it the systems fault? Maybe the student was looking for a underwater basket weaving course. A Fill in course. Maybe like my fat sister took classes so dad would pay and then drop them.

 Dog and pony show for DAD. The local college. One of the kids taking the class to get his license, stated he was going to make big bucks. Big bucks? Maybe he thought he was going to get major money cleaning them. So how is that the teachers Fault. How is it the fault of the person who hired him? How is the fault of the BAR for letting him get a license to begin with?

 The fault is, those in charge want to think they can control other people, and how they act and think.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.