Got a Citation after the fact.

Citation Addict
Yes this is a genuine mess up on my part, I tested a 1998 MBZ Diesel on the wrong analyzer.  It didn't take BAR long to take notice and issue a citation. The problem I have with this is this car was done in October I did not do my update until December. Luckily for me no fine, no loss of Star (so they say) and no retraining. Just an Abatement order. It was easy to make an honest mistake based on the vehicles year so be careful as to what you are testing.

Re: Got a Citation after the fact.

jvolman
So did they fine you for this or just issue a no action citation

Re: Got a Citation after the fact.

simpleman510
when the other tech did it on a box truck all we got was a phone call saying don't do that....

Re: Got a Citation after the fact.

Jones
Citation Addict

Once you notice that you tested 98 Diesel on the wrong machine. Did you call the customer and redo the test on OIS??????
TimeOut

Re: Got a Citation after the fact.

All the rules we got to remember , all diesels including 97 and newer on OIS , no obd11 on 14,000 and over (yesterday i had a e-350 box truck that someone previously smogged , i had to abort because it had skipped the obd11 question "does this veh get a obd2 test" the weight was even less than what i had entered ) still skipped it ,NOn ca certified cats fail, Federal cars don't as long as they have the same amount of cats, etc . rules up the ying yang So happy you did not get a citation just a warning .

Re: Got a Citation after the fact.

smogido

Karupt wrote
All the rules we got to remember , all diesels including 97 and newer on OIS , no obd11 on 14,000 and over (yesterday i had a e-350 box truck that someone previously smogged , i had to abort because it had skipped the obd11 question "does this veh get a obd2 test" the weight was even less than what i had entered ) still skipped it ,NOn ca certified cats fail, Federal cars don't as long as they have the same amount of cats, etc . rules up the ying yang So happy you did not get a citation just a warning .
Hi Karupt:
where did you find this info that we have to do 1997 diesels on OIS?
As far as I know 1998 and newer diesels. Maybe I missed something.
Thank you

Re: Got a Citation after the fact.

Smogtech
diesel 98 and up.  all diesel ois only

Re: Got a Citation after the fact.

Karupt
thanks for the year correction 98 diesels and newer are tested on OIS no matter if they are cars or trucks .

Re: Got a Citation after the fact.

Skanga
No fine or punishment? Doesn't sound like a citation to me.

Re: Got a Citation after the fact.

It's funny, when I was not smogging and hanging around here reading about people using the wrong machine, I thought to myself "that's kinda sorta careless, but a citation?  Now that I'm back in the game and I have been saved several times by the OIS prompt, I see just how easy it is to be "kinda careless"!  After the first time I was being more careful, but then it happened again!  I know if it goes the other way, the 97 ain't gonna save me...

"There by the grace of God...."

  I'm a lucky  SOB!
If everyone fixed their own cars, my car would be fixed.