Guess even the BAR thinks we all cheat.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Even State Fleet vehicles.

 Just did a Fleet truck. Asked me to do the speed it up thing. BAR thinks other State agency may be cheating. 05 Ford F 250.

Re: Guess even the BAR thinks we all cheat.

none
I'm sure it goes by the vehicle, not the owner, and I'm sure it was a 6.0L diesel too.

By far the most common modified vehicles I see are Ford 6.0L diesel trucks. The most common TAMPER FAIL is larger exhaust before the cat. Stock is 3" from the turbo to the flange before the cat and 3.5" from the flange to the cat. They often times have 4" between the turbo and the cat and say "It passed like that last time." to which I say "NOT HERE!" The other thing I see is modified EGR coolers (though BULLET PROOF DIESEL has the EO# right on the top where you can see it),vented PCV tubes, and programmers of every sort and style. I figure if it has a "GOT SAND?" sticker in the back window it is going to fail.

Subaru WRX is another one that people won't leave stock.

Re: Guess even the BAR thinks we all cheat.

STAR is Racist
I was wondering if they were still making us do the dynamic speed test because I haven't had to do one in a long time.

Re: Guess even the BAR thinks we all cheat.

Re: Guess even the BAR thinks we all cheat.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Sorry None, 5.4 gas.
Just about the time I think they may have stopped one comes in.

The choice on which cars to do a dynamic test surprises me. I would think a Honda Civic would be a likely candidate to be modified with plenty of cars to have a large data pool on but we get dynamic tests on 1/2 ton pick ups mostly here.

Re: Guess even the BAR thinks we all cheat.

Re: Guess even the BAR thinks we all cheat.

INLANDSMOG
My reply "Speed THIS up" LOL

Re: Guess even the BAR thinks we all cheat.

BlueSky
The choice on which cars to do a dynamic test surprises me. I would think a Honda Civic would be a likely candidate...
They must be reading your post.  Just did a 2006 Honda Civic and had to do the dynamic test on it.

Re: Guess even the BAR thinks we all cheat.

  I also wonder the same thing D . I believe the answer is to get honest , by -the -book technicians because it is all documented and it makes it easier to get their money . In other words , it's too much work for the BAR to go after cleanpipers , too much paperwork for them . Wonder how many cleanpipers in Sacramento right under their noses ?

Re: Guess even the BAR thinks we all cheat.

Kevin
The ones I get the dynamic test most 4 are Chevrolet Silverado