HP Laser Jet Pro Printer problem

FiendFX
During printing the OIS certificate, the printer prints out only 1 page shows "PCL XL Error Subsystem KERNAL, Error: IllegalAttributeDataType.

Anyone has this problem?

Re: HP Laser Jet Pro Printer problem

Hard Nox
Is this a New HP Printer installation?
Or is this a New problem with your existing HP printer?

If this a New HP Printer set-up, the HP software may not be compatible with the California OIS Program.
If this is the case, contact your OIS customer support to guide you through removal of the NEW HP Printer Driver Software. Then install an Older Version of HP Printer Driver Software.

If this is a NEW problem with your existing HP Printer.  It may be time for a new HP printer with the mentioned software set-up.

Re: HP Laser Jet Pro Printer problem

FiendFX
Its the new white HP printer, looks like it does need a driver update.

Re: HP Laser Jet Pro Printer problem

Hard Nox
Did you have a chance to contact your OIS Manufacture tech support?

New Printer installation software probable comes with all kinds of utilities and features that are not necessary to print a VIR .  It might interfere with the Smog Check software.

More like a software down grade than an update.

I experienced a similar issue when it came time to replace an OIS printer.

OIS manufacture was able to Remote In and correct the software conflict.

removed the New driver and installed an Older driver that would work with the New printer.

Re: HP Laser Jet Pro Printer problem

none
I ran into a problem once when I changed the printer on my APPLUS OIS. The printer USB was plugged into a hub rather than straight into the computer. The USB hub messed with the printer signal and the printer companies tech support helped me get it sorted out.

Re: HP Laser Jet Pro Printer problem

try and do a drivers update, when our printer was doing that last year. that fixed it

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 9:13 AM FiendFX [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
During printing the OIS certificate, the printer prints out only 1 page shows "PCL XL Error Subsystem KERNAL, Error: IllegalAttributeDataType.

Anyone has this problem?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/HP-Laser-Jet-Pro-Printer-problem-tp5082894.html

Kevin Casillas

Re: HP Laser Jet Pro Printer problem

FiendFX
how do i update the printer driver?

Kevin wrote

Kevin Casillas

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers

I attempted to download the firmware. However, it does not detect my printer. It is stating my printer is not installed.

Can you go to -control panel-devices ans printers and see if it shows installed and default? I would think it would since it prints one page.

Re: HP Laser Jet Pro Printer problem

FiendFX
The printer prints and works. Just has the annoying error when I print out the certificate, it instead prints out 1 sheet of paper stating error. Then I would have to press print again in order for it to print out 2 pages of the certificates.

Going into the Device and Printers, it does show the printer is set as default and has an exclamation point on the icon. I press troubleshoot as it attempts to fix it. FAILED. It states there is no driver for this printer.

So now how do I install the driver?