Had one yesterday.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Thinking it might be the BIG UC. Wasn't.

 NO EGR, as in gone.  05 Dakota with a 4.7
Hood label and book shows EGR. Factory plate over where the EGR goes into the manifold.
Looked this morning. My tamper shows up, but a pass shows up later.

 Now my question to you people is WTF. I read where it should have one. The guy takes it somewhere else and they pass it. But would not you being the guy after the tamper ask why the last guy tampered it? Would you not be checking it out?

 No, I did not charge him. It did not have the UC look but, hey I'm not being Fined if it was.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: Had one yesterday.

BasicTech678
2017 mitchell1 book and 2012 book show 4.7 dakota no egr

dose show 5.7 has egr

06 shows egr for 4.7 possibly wrong hood? or also in the manual might have looked under
"pick-up,cab& chassis" 4.7 dose have egr.

anytime someone elses tamper i wont inspect with out reading the previous VIR. based on the book i would have also passed.

Re: Had one yesterday.

none
I saw the same thing. Mitchell shows no EGR, Motor shows EGR. If the underhood label shows EGR there is NO WAY I would pass it without one.

Re: Had one yesterday.

I saw the same thing. Mitchell shows no EGR, Motor shows EGR. If the underhood label shows EGR there is NO WAY I would pass it without one.
i would just make a copy of the page in the book with out egr and attached to vir, call it a day. owner didnt get charged money they wont complain they just want that sticker. for all we know the next tech charged him the crooked smog price lol

Re: Had one yesterday.

You did not charge him????? You used the system and got him in it and you did not charge him? Why even test? Not making sense, except to feed your sycophancy.

Re: Had one yesterday.

BasicTech678 wrote
none wrote
I saw the same thing. Mitchell shows no EGR, Motor shows EGR. If the underhood label shows EGR there is NO WAY I would pass it without one.
i would just make a copy of the page in the book with out egr and attached to vir, call it a day. owner didnt get charged money they wont complain they just want that sticker. for all we know the next tech charged him the crooked smog price lol
If the underhood label showed EGR though and matched the truck would you still pass it?

I would charge him and then send him to the REF if I thought for some reason it shouldn't have one.

Re: Had one yesterday.

If the underhood label showed EGR though and matched the truck would you still pass it?

I would charge him and then send him to the REF if I thought for some reason it shouldn't have one.

nope, i take it back your both right label over book. but since he already did i would recommend coping the page in the book for his own evidence.

we can tell customers to go to the reff all day but we cant force em, most people will just hit every shop in town until it passes.

Re: Had one yesterday.

Vacuum routing book shows EGR.

Re: Had one yesterday.

none
Lose weight wrote
Vacuum routing book shows EGR.
I'm certain it is NOT a vacuum operated EGR though on a 4.7L.

Re: Had one yesterday.

Lose weight
No it's not vacuum operated but shows the location of where it's supposed to be.
iha

Re: Had one yesterday.

iha
I understand not charging in some situations. Some shops are in areas where they do not have to be concerned about REVIEWS...

Re: Had one yesterday.

Best Answer I Can Give
JM I was not sure I was right. Didn't want to charge a person for what could be my mistake.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: Had one yesterday.

Lose weight wrote
No it's not vacuum operated but shows the location of where it's supposed to be.
Oh, now I get it. That makes sense.

Re: Had one yesterday.

Besta

It is a little late to be unsure AFTER a test where you declared a tamper. At least collect the money for your opinion in the matter.

Re: Had one yesterday.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hey I'm one. I just think it's funny how these Zig and Zag around.

 What I thought was interesting was that I had Failed it for a tamper and a couple hours later it passed.
Dude did you ask what the tamper was for?

 Right on the hood, yes the right hood for that vehicle it said EGR. Right in a book it said Yes EGR.
 Dude it was time to go get the right info.
I told the guy to go to the dealer or make a appointment with the REF.

 Right on the paper I put EGR missing. BAR looks at it and goes WTF, this guy said it was missing. How in the hell did the owner put one on. Some one is cheating
Me I'm going to tell the BAR guy. IT WAS ON THE HOOD. FAIL. I had no reason to look anywhere else.
The other guy will say well I found it in this book. Now what will the BAR say. WE are both right. It's in one book but not the other.
The guy who passed it has some SPLAINNIG to do Lucy. I was taught look in the book after you find no label. I only looked to make sure.
I told you it looked UC.

 My question kind of was, would you test a vehicle that had failed a couple hours before?  Ask if anything.

 JM it's not worth the effort to collect on something I may be right or wrong about. I knew I was putting down Tamper, just wasn't sure I was right. It just felt FUNNY.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: Had one yesterday.

Johnnybeme
Besta

If I am unsure, 100% that I am right, then I do not document my insecurities.

Re: Had one yesterday.

Right now BAR is just concentrating on whether you plug into the right car during OIS or not.

https://www.google.com/search?q=I9140808&oq=I&aqs=chrome.1.69i60j69i59l2j69i61j69i60j69i59.3160j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8