Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

StarTech
Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?
If so what happened?

From what I understand  in star

Technician A passes car .
Two years later..
Technician A or B fails car.
Technician A's star score get dinged.

Correct?

Have you ever called another shop and had to school them on an improper test so they don't fuck up other peoples scores? ... example.. failing a car for not having an EGR when it's not even equipped with one. SMH.

Re: Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

Lose weight
Problem with us techs is "we all know everything and can't tell us different" For fuckups I usually direct the customer to place a BAR complaint against the shop/other tech.
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

Excellent example , Alot of newbies are failing things , like you said that aren't even on the vehicle ! WTH ? wish i could call them , usually do not have the time or the patience to talk to a knucklehead .

Re: Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

Johnnybeme
I never criticize other techs cause I am still human too. It is the consumer fault that they do not know the difference between competence and those who fall short. There is always the factor of misunderstanding that I refuse to get in the middle of. I know what I do is correct and the proof is in the service I provide. Nothing else matters. I do not say anything bad about those who do what I do, it is just wrong. If I fix something that should have been fixed already I excuse it as being missed by a human as flawed as I.

Re: Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

Best Answer I Can Give
 JM has it.
Just point out the mistake. Give them the chance to make the complaint to the BAR, That is not our job.
The only problem with STUPID people is they can screw up ones score. AGAIN something effect us that is out of our control.

Re: Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

Complete waste of time.

Re: Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

I have made too many mistakes to call somebody and tell them they "fucked up". I have made calls about judgement calls and ask why they did it that way. Sometimes I have been correct, other times I have found i was wrong and learned something. Been working at a smog shop since 1991 and learn new shit from every tech I have ever had a conversation with.
I never tell a customer to make a complaint to BAR until after they try to remedy the problem with shop first. Everybody makes mistakes. Let them try to make it right before throwing them under BAR's microscope.

Re: Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

StarTech wrote
Technician A or B fails car.
Technician A's star score get dinged.
When technician B fails it, where do you get the information about who he is and why he failed it?  From the customer provided VIR?  Do they come to you right after it fails at another shop or is it the next inspection cycle (4 years later)?
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.

Re: Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

dano
Al wrote
I have made too many mistakes to call somebody and tell them they "fucked up". I have made calls about judgement calls and ask why they did it that way. Sometimes I have been correct, other times I have found i was wrong and learned something. Been working at a smog shop since 1991 and learn new shit from every tech I have ever had a conversation with.
I never tell a customer to make a complaint to BAR until after they try to remedy the problem with shop first. Everybody makes mistakes. Let them try to make it right before throwing them under BAR's microscope.

            Best tech of the month award rite there!!!

Re: Have you ever called up a shop and talked to another tech about their fuck up?

corsakev
save the info and when your score drops below take them to court for lost wages lol