Having another sleepless night.

Citation Addict
Lets face it, I screwed up I did not know the consequences were going to be this bad. I am about to lose my job, I am about to lose my STAR status that will make me unhirable for the next year, I will be paying $1100 for my mistake, I cant afford a defense attorney if I had to hire one, I dont know where to even turn to.

All my family does is rub it in my face.

Re: Having another sleepless night.

Rogerz
Hey man, really sorry to hear that but don't be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes and all I can say is to pray and ask god to help u thro this hard situation... Hopefully this STAR bs will be over pretty soon.

Re: Having another sleepless night.

Mark
No industry in the world has such heavy handed Government over site.
No body is perfect, very few people (Out side of the Smog Community)
Have any idea at all what it takes to run a shop or be a tech.

Hecklers need to walk a mile first.

Re: Having another sleepless night.

kfworry
The CA State BAR clowns use us as Pawns to belittle the poor folks who
can least afford to replace their "STAR" directed vehicles.
I am on the side of the vehicle owners and NOT a fan of STAR.
They "say" test only did not accomplish their "political agenda"
to rid the roads of older less fuel efficient vehicles.
It would expend MORE energy to build a new vehicle, then the
savings would be with a more fuel efficient vehicle. Those are about the words
Jay Leno used in one of his episodes of "My Classic Car".
Will the last smog tech leaving California please turn off the lights.

Re: Having another sleepless night.

locopoco
I often think about this scenario and imagine what would I do?Its a though one men,all I can say is keep your chin up and march on,who knows maybe you get a better job opportunity and leave this f##king smog for good.one more thing,your family needs to support you in this tough times and be at your side no Mather what,mistakes happen,nobody is perfect.

Re: Having another sleepless night.

FRUSTRATED
Bplacke, I'm sorry to hear what you are going through.  Mistakes happen, hopefully there is a way you and your boss can work things out.  It is a hard situation the BAR puts everyone in, one oversight, level I citation can cause you to lose your job and not be looked at to rehire for at least a year.  Injustice, total injustice.  I would like to see a PR1 not make a deadline on a task assigned and be out of a job for a year, they would be screaming bloody murder, but they can do it to us because people like that stupid ass Eng proposed this and got this crap signed into law.  At the end of the day, it looks like the only way the STAR program loses steam is with a change in the law, that won't happen without getting political will on our side, hang on gang, it is going to be a rough one for a while, it looks like the BAR has a full deck of cards and most of the playing chips!

Re: Having another sleepless night.

Sorry to hear your dilemma. There was a lady in my update class got 3 strikes and asked for help from the instructor. She ended up finding another career and the shop that she worked for, her cousin's shop, ended up being shutdown. Good luck on your journey.

RE: Having another sleepless night.

fecadel
Hey!! You!!! Yes you!! Get up! ! That nothing!! Compare to 6 months in. Jail!!!

Sent from my old and not smart phone.

Re: Having another sleepless night.

  Bplacke sorry to hear all this stuff is going on . It is some pretty heavy duty stuff and no one of us is immune to it neither.we are all fair game according to bar.
   I really wish more people would know the commie s we are licensed under,they are all going to he-- for ruining people's lives.
  Just for now try to remember that you have our support and wish I could do more for ya buddy.

Re: Having another sleepless night.

OceanViewTch
most of us have had to deal with some type of bullshit in this life...a loss of a job...a loved one...do what you need to do to get over this bump in the road and then figure out your next step....there is always a next step..take it from someone who has had to figure out that next step...as far as your family goes...they should probably be more supportive...they just do not have a clue how challenging this can be day in and day out...seems like EVERYDAY has its own new challenges in this business..hang tough....personally I would be hitting the beach with my pal Bud for a couple of weeks to release some stress....

RE: Having another sleepless night.

smog king101
I would Look For Work At a Test And Repiar Or Non Star Station .There Are people Still Looking For Techs at These Places. Dont  let These Chair Warmers get To You. Best Of Luck.

Re: Having another sleepless night.

Mike
I agree.
alot of stations dont care about this star program, my last employer could care less about it, he was more interested in keeping his customer base happy. Alot of test and repair shops im sure are looking for good smog techs/repair guys.

About the citation, wouldnt sweat it too much  or what others are saying about you, most got citations from a shady uc program, I wouldnt be ashamed of it, BAR is the one that should be ashamed using this uc program as a scapegoat, you are an innocent victim, yeah you missed the cat but this uc program is not fair to begin with, I smog a lot of cars every month i'm not used to anything coming in with missing parts.
Innocent mistake on your part. JMHO

Brush yourself off and start calling the repair shops until you find one that doese't care about this star program. Keep trying and you will get a job, you wont feel bad as long as you keep looking for work,

"and let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

Re: Having another sleepless night.

OceanViewTch
try dealerships

RE: Having another sleepless night.

fecadel wrote
Hey!! You!!! Yes you!! Get up! ! That nothing!! Compare to 6 months in. Jail!!!
What are you talking about? Who got 6 months in jail? What were the charges?
If it ain't broke, break it.

RE: Having another sleepless night.

909Smog
A second level citation.   LOL