Helps for the GEN III machine

 It looks like a good part of us are going to use a Gen III. Can you start and pin something that has GEN III problem and fixes.
 A hey try this. Thanks and good luck.

ESP/OPUS Gen 3

kfworry
The BAR Rep from Hercules came in this morning to put my new ESP/OPUS Gen 3 "on-line".
He's been a BAR Rep-1 for 9-years. He would rather stay a Rep-1 so he can be out in the
field and Not in the office in Hercules.
He did Under-Cover runs before.
His main role now is putting the new analyzers "on-line".
He is Not Stupid, he knows what he is doing.
Once the BAR Rep is done, the smog tech/ shop owner, whoever, does a Full Calibration and purchases
certificates.
The main point here it that the BAR Rep gives the shop a BAR letter
for "Certificate Refund/Credit Voucher" for unused certs in the old analyzer.
The Shop MUST mail the forms to the address on the Voucher, it IS that easy.
It states very clearly "Allow At Least 90-days For Refund"!!!!

Re: ESP/OPUS Gen 3

kfworry
The Gen 3 ESP/Opus WILL take repetition to get used to the "new" menu.
Pay VERY close attention, take your time and you will be OKAY.
It's a "learning process", don't panic.

ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Karupt
D, is the asm part like the old SPX where it gives you a very small x and a very small window defined by two lines that are approximately 1cm from each other ? If so , i feel sorry for all smog techs .Its very hard to keep your x/cursor in between those tightly spaced lines .

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Karupt
 OH wow , yey ! new machine , new problems . I have heard of those gen 3s already starting to have issues . Thats ridonculous that we are being forced to buy a problem laden machine when ours works perfectly .

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Skanga
D wrote
Sidenote: the OBD com screen shows the tach going to 15000 RPM
In case we ever need to smog check Formula 1 cars.

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

kfworry
Why all the fuss about the Gen ????
I've done 12 or more test on it.
No Problems At All !!!!
Pay Attention to the Screen !!!!

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

 Any one else been near a Engine Dyno when the spin a Big engine up? You know around 8000 RPM. SCARY!

 You swear something is coming apart.

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

My ESP GEN3 experience so far (about 3 months):

Tests:    243
Pass:     152
Fail:        83
Abort:       8

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

any bad experiences Barry ? like failure to calibrate ? and those aborts were they technician entered ?>or Gen 3 wrinkles ?

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Best Answer I Can Give
Mr Barry, 8 Aborts?
The BAR must be SCREAMING at you. I'm lucky to get 1 abort a year.
I have had more aborts on the OIS than ASM.

 Will the GEN III not let you turn the computer off?

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

I "Close" the OIS DAD program rather then click "Abort".
On the Gen 3 simply turn the power switch off on the back.
Turn the Gen 3 back on and presto, No Sample System Warm-up" required.
It is that easy gentlemen.

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Mr Barry, 8 Aborts?
The BAR must be SCREAMING at you. I'm lucky to get 1 abort a year.
I have had more aborts on the OIS than ASM.

 Will the GEN III not let you turn the computer off?
No comment.

Re: ESP Gen 3 is an SPX rebadge?

Karupt wrote
any bad experiences Barry ? like failure to calibrate ? and those aborts were they technician entered ?>or Gen 3 wrinkles ?
The Gen 3 is far from perfect, but I haven't had any serious problems with it ... just minor annoyances.
12345