Helps for the GEN III machine

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Best Answer I Can Give
Doing the same thing. All stuff laid out.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Best Answer I Can Give
 MAJOR ONE.
 The bottles on the SPX read PRESSURE. The Opus now read FLOW. I was out a machine yesterday because of a LOW bottle. Calibration fail. The bottle was low.
On the SPX machine, when the bottle was that LOW it was still worth about 2 months of cal.

 Opus must have 15 PSI to work. IT DOES NOT READ BOTTLE PRESSURE. Not like the SPX.

  WATCH FOR IT.
 Good thing I still have the second machine. I did about 15 on the BAR 97. I would be kicking myself in the ass if I would have missed that many because of a LOW BOTTLE.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

How long have you been using the Gen3, Besta?  I have 493 smogs and about 60 3-day calibrations on my original calibration bottles from March, and they haven't shown any signs of dying yet.  I do get your point about the gauge showing the regulated pressure instead of the raw bottle pressure, though.  It would be great to have both, but if I had to choose, I would choose the old Gen1 way, which was raw bottle pressure.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Best Answer I Can Give
 About 3 weeks.
The bottle was a old one out of my SPX. The guy didn't have any new bottles. It was low to begin with.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

barrym95838 wrote
... It would be great to have both, but if I had to choose, I would choose the old Gen1 way, which was raw bottle pressure.

I took the gauges off my GEN2 and removed the hoses and the took the compression fittings off the manifold where the hoses fit on. These will go between the bottle and the regulator and show tank pressure. I need to rearrange the fitting so that the regulators clear the handles on the bottles.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

D Rochells 150861
I was wondering what they hell they were smoking when they made the regulator for the zero air, then I realized you can bend those handles pretty damn easy.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

none
Does ESP supply ZERO AIR too or just the calibration gases?

I have mine on my zero air generator right now but it takes 20-30 minutes to warm up in the morning.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Best Answer I Can Give
 My Opus guy said there are several "Fixes" in the works. One of them being the above problem.
I was thinking of doing the same thing None has done. Piggy back my old SPX stuff before the Opus one.

 One of the other fixes was the no power to the OBD reader.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

I don't think they supply zero. I know it's possible to damage the zero generators by not turning them off but there are 2 in this shop that never get turned off and are ready in about 10 minutes in the morning.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Zero is not supplied. Been there.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Does ESP supply ZERO AIR too or just the calibration gases?

I have mine on my zero air generator right now but it takes 20-30 minutes to warm up in the morning.
I think the zero air is on you.  I have one of those high-pressure welding-style zero air bottles, and they have always lasted me at least a year, which for me peaked at about 2500 smogs.

I had one too from AIRGAS. Once I got the second BAR97 I got my zero air generator working again. Once it dies I will "go back to the bottle".

Re: Helps for the GEN III machine

BAR rep from Hercules was in 01/05/18 to set up our nee gen 3 maching any thing i need to be aware of.

Re: Helps for the GEN III machine

Best Answer I Can Give
 Wondering. Have not been turning off the GEN III. Just turn off monitor. Walk in and it tells me it needs to be "Started". WTF I didn't turn it off. Does the other GEN III and the GENII do this?
Thank goodness for the fast bench.
One of the reasons I had my SPX on a timer was the 15 min. warm up. I have taken the new GEN III off the timer. It is never turned off.  Is this just a Windows 10 thing? Thanks.

The computer "goes to sleep" on GEN2 and GEN3 but the bench stays warmed up.

The tach SUCKS. One thing I have found that helps. Put the pick up on EARLY. Way before it tells you to.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Helps for the GEN III machine

Has anyone figure out how to reset the GEN 3? They sealed the whole computer, now you cant reset anymore. So any machine failure will abort and count towards you.

Also upon selecting ignition type, they dont have the option to select primary coil, only DIS and that's it. Sometime accessing the primary coil spark plug wire is better than accessing the distributor spark plug wires.

Re: Helps for the GEN III machine

none
FiendFX wrote
Has anyone figure out how to reset the GEN 3? They sealed the whole computer, now you cant reset anymore. So any machine failure will abort and count towards you.
control,alt,delete. All three at the same time

Re: Helps for the GEN III machine

FiendFX
Need to remember that. Thank you None.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

How come the GEN 3 doesn't allow us to go back to the fuel cap testing after finishing the fuel cap test? What if we made a mistake and want to go back?
12345