Helps for the GEN III machine

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Anyone having problems with the sample hose being too short? Any alternatives?

It also doesn't allow you to correct a mistake in entering the timing spec I got damed at the last score report for a 95 Toyota that was supposed to be 10゚ before top dead center and I mistakenly entered 00

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Yea that sucks doesn't allow you to go back like the previous software

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Kevin
Yeah totally remembering why I got out a main stream smoging vehicles, star program is a joke

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Best Answer I Can Give
 Things got better last Monday.
My Opus guy was to come out the Friday before. Didn't make it till Monday.
From what I understand, there is a BIG push to put the machines on the Net.
After he put it on the Windows 10 lost all the OBD reader. As in threw you out.
Well I got rid of the phone line and then found out the OBD didn't work. So My Opus guy nice guy that he is put a Windows 7 computer in it.

 TON'N OF PROBLEMS ARE GONE. There is hope. Calibrating this morning was EASY. Like it should be.

 The rest of the day was still shit, but that damn dog at home made everything alright.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Systests.exe error message coming up mechanine will not boot up., I am wondering if this has to do with the gear selection errors that I was getting last month. Machine has totally failed

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Best Answer I Can Give
 Have had 2 problems with it. Both are BULL SH!T. Both I got dinged for and not a DAMN thing I did wrong.

 First one happened today. 98 Chev OBD check. Ran the RPM fine. Go to do the check and it will not connect to the computer. 6 tries. FAIL Did it less than 9 months ago.
Pull a Astro in, same thing. Get out of test. Restart computer, ALL IS WELL. Pull FAILED truck in NOW NO PROBLEM. WTF I get a ding because the Machine fucks up.

 One of the reasons I am putting this down is, Happens to you, Restart the computer.

 Second one. @ 2 weeks back. Done with Dyno part. It lifts the plate and then throws a ABORT. ????? I never pushed the abort button.

 So 2 dings that can be put against the machine but will go against me. And this is RIGHT?

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Kevin
Gen 3 machine sucks, I've had issues with this machine that no other machine I've ever used has given me. The things are far too sensitive and fail too much

On Thu, May 31, 2018, 1:49 PM Best Answer I Can Give [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
 Have had 2 problems with it. Both are BULL SH!T. Both I got dinged for and not a DAMN thing I did wrong.

 First one happened today. 98 Chev OBD check. Ran the RPM fine. Go to do the check and it will not connect to the computer. 6 tries. FAIL Did it less than 9 months ago.
Pull a Astro in, same thing. Get out of test. Restart computer, ALL IS WELL. Pull FAILED truck in NOW NO PROBLEM. WTF I get a ding because the Machine fucks up.

 One of the reasons I am putting this down is, Happens to you, Restart the computer.

 Second one. @ 2 weeks back. Done with Dyno part. It lifts the plate and then throws a ABORT. ????? I never pushed the abort button.

 So 2 dings that can be put against the machine but will go against me. And this is RIGHT?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Helps-for-the-GEN-III-machine-tp5058559p5066922.html
To unsubscribe from Helps for the GEN III machine, click here.

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

Comes in handy to have a few of these as spares. Every time my Gen3 fails gas cap cal is due to the little o ring inside shifting around https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foster-FJT-200-Series-FS200-Quick-Coupler-Injection-Mold-Coolant-water-line-NPT/262293099818?epid=1248076814&hash=item3d11e3152a:g:ibQAAOSwe7BWwuMi:sc:USPSFirstClass!92345!US!-1
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

scanner
Is that the same fitting that the ESP EVAP machine uses?

Re: Gen III Change RPM Mid Test

none
scanner wrote
Is that the same fitting that the ESP EVAP machine uses?
No , I don't think so. It is a 200 series and ,at least the Delphi, uses a 300 series coupler.

Re: Helps for the GEN III machine

SmogAce
I find the gen 3 far less reliable than the 2. We lease ours so the extra payment every month is nothing nice. We've had it for at least a year and have had several issues with connectivity, freezing, and failure to calibrate. Its fortunate that we do less and less 99 and older vehicles.

Re: Helps for the GEN III machine

Kevin
Hours here has been a constant problem its head to RPM probes, 3 motherboards and a dad update. The thing is a piece of trash. The Gen 2 that I had been using for a long time. And it's whole entire life span didn't have as many problems in fact it's sitting in front of me as we speak or as I type this. Still perfectly functional to work and I trusted a lot more than this gen 3 piece of junk

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 10:24 AM SmogAce [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I find the gen 3 far less reliable than the 2. We lease ours so the extra payment every month is nothing nice. We've had it for at least a year and have had several issues with connectivity, freezing, and failure to calibrate. Its fortunate that we do less and less 99 and older vehicles.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Helps-for-the-GEN-III-machine-tp5058559p5067728.html
To unsubscribe from Helps for the GEN III machine, click here.